1

you got dressed early in the clothes kouyou brought for you the night before. a traditional purple kimono, similar to the one she had worn. you waited for someone to come get you and bring you to where it is you would meet mori about which division you would be placed in.

you sat on your bed, looking out the window at the trees, taking in the beauty which you've missed out on for half of your life.

they saved me

i owe my services to them

they could've killed me

but they didn't

you were startled out of your thoughts by a series of knocks on the door. you stand, uttering a "come in" just loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear.

the door opened, and kouyou stepped into the room, gracing you with a soft, motherly smile. "good morning." she greeted you, holding the door open as you nodded your head at her in greeting, following her out of the room.

"good morning." you said in reply.

"how did you sleep? well, i hope." she says from beside you, a small smile growing on your features at the kind words. you weren't used to this.

you look up at the beautiful woman, your smile growing even more as you looked up at her. "better than ever." you beamed, following her down the hallways, back to the room you first met mori in the day before.

kouyou doesn't knock, merely opens the door and walks through. "a few of the executive's are meeting to be debriefed on the situation and to decide which division you shall be placed in." she explains as you enter the room, and you glance around at the faces that watched you closely.

"ah, kouyou, y/n. i'm glad you're here." mori spoke, a grin plastered onto his pale face.

both you and kouyou bowed your heads respectfully.

"she was ready by the time i got to her room." kouyou says, leading you to the closest end of the table, where she gestured for you to sit beside her.

"good to hear." mori praises, watching you take your seat next to the red haired woman.

silence envelops the big room, making you shift in your seat uncomfortably, but you make sure your discomfort is less than noticeable on your face.

mori took in the sight of the few executives gathered, and cleared his throat, drawing everyone's attention further. "now," he began, glancing at you briefly. "this girl, has quite the ability. dangerous. but with us, she could be quite useful." his tone was serious, all business. you didn't quite understand what it was he was saying. surely other people have abilities like yours?

"and what might that ability be?" kouyou spoke up, looking down at you warmly, addressing you instead of mori. "might she be able to tell us herself?"

mori nodded, and gestures at you to explain your ability to the people gathered.

"my ability is called 'soul of the demonic deity's.'" you answered, clearing your throat before continuing confidently. you would get through this. and you would let them know you belonged here. "i can take the souls of demons, gods, and angels, and take over their power and part of their body at will."

the faces in the room were stunned, but one caught your eye. he didn't looked completely shocked, more curious than anything. his eyebrow was raised questioningly, a hand held over his hat as he adjusted it carefully. "how many souls do you have so far?" he asks, tilting his head as he watched you carefully, eyes almost calculating.