2

kouyou had you geared up and ready to go by noon the next day. she asked you of your preference of clothing and what would be best for your ability, and provided it for you, which was helpful.

so there you were, looking in the full body mirror in the corner of your room, wearing a short, tight black tank top, a pair of tight black jeans, and a cropped black jacket. your h/l, h/c hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and you had a katana attached to your waist.

giving your reflection a confident smile, you turned towards the door and followed kouyou to where you would be meeting a small team.

"since you're in my division now, i'll look after you." she cooed softly, turning to fix you with a motherly smile.

"i can protect you too." you answered, giving her a small smile in return.

————

you reached the extraction point with kouyou and the small team. you told her you didn't need the team, that this was a regular woman who didn't even like to use her ability, but kouyou insisted that it was necessary.

it didn't matter, you would be in and out of there quickly anyways. you told kouyou of what your original mission was. it was just to knock on the woman's apartment door, and when she answered take the soul and leave. it wasn't like she'd be suspecting of someone coming to steal her demon soul.

kouyou and yourself made it up to her apartment, the sound of music playing softly throughout the little home could be heard quietly from the hallway.

you knocked on the door, and the two of waited patiently for it to open. when it did it revealed a small, friendly looking woman in her mid thirties, and your ability could sense the demonic presence of her ability. this is definitely her.

"hi, can i help you?" she asked, giving her visitors a kind smile. you nodded.

"i need that demon." you said quietly to her, reaching out a hand and activating your ability, watching as the woman froze, discomfort shifting over her features as the blood red light pulled out the black soul of siaka, which slowly absorbed into the skin of your open palm,which was nearly touching this woman's collarbone. the woman's eyes fluttered closed as she fell unconscious, and the last of siaka's power began to flow through your veins.

you slowly closed the door of the apartment, and turned back to kouyou, who looked at you with a concerned expression.

"is she dead?"

you shook your head quickly, glancing back at the door, before leading kouyou down the hall. "she'll probably just be unconscious for a few hours."

kouyou nodded at you. "that's fine."

—————

the mission was as quick and clean as you'd anticipated, and you were curious to see what
physical characteristics you would gain from this soul, and how you would use siaka in the future.

mori had kouyou give you a phone, that way you could contact, and be contacted by other mafia members when they required to get in touch with you. there were a few numbers in the contacts already, some you knew, and some you didn't.

but right now your phone was ringing, a call from kouyou.

you tapped a finger on the green button, and raised the phone to your ear. "hello?" you spoke uncertainly into the phone.

"you seem to like being outside, don't you?" the woman's voice came through the phone, and you grew excited at the thought of hanging out in the outside world. getting to do things normal people would do.

"i haven't been outside for more then a few hours in a really long time. and when i was it always for missions." you told kouyou, voice dropping as unpleasant memories resurfaced in your mind, your breath hitched. "but i do like being outside. that's probably why."

kouyou gums softly, and clicks her tongue. "well i'm going to come get you for training. and after that we can get dinner somewhere. my treat, to welcome you into the port mafia, and my division."

a small smile grows on your face as you finally realize that someone cares about you. even just a little bit.

more than a weapon

more than a weapon

more than a weapon

"that would be really cool." you agreed happily, tears forming in the corners of your eyes. "thank you."

"of course. as i told you yesterday, i'll look after you." she cooed, and you let a tear roll down your cheek. something that you'd been trained not to ever do. but you were happy, so does that make it okay?

—————

kouyou lead you out to an open space, where the grass was bright and green, and there were trees outlining one side of the field.

"i thought we could train outside today. open space might make things a little less stressful for you." kouyou explained, her beautiful eyes soft and fond as she looked at you. "i want you to bloom to be a beautiful flower of darkness, just as i am."

you nodded your head at her, although you weren't entirely sure what that was supposed to mean. "i'll do my best." you assured her, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear as you spoke confidently. you would try so hard to live up to her expectations.

"i'm sure you will." she beamed at you. "now i'd like to see this ability of yours. that's mostly what this training session is about, just to see what you can do with your souls."

you nodded, before activating your ability. "soul of the demonic deity." you spoke, commanding your ability to allow a soul to take over. "sheomri."

your felt the familiarity of your nails sharpening into claws, your hair flowing on its own as if there was some of breeze focused on your hair itself, you felt wings unfolding from your back, big and brown, the texture nearly lizard like. you felt your clothes shift into a tight black body suit, accentuating your curves. the body suit is cut into a v-neck that reaches your abdomen, and it's sleeveless.

"impressive, the transformation took less than twenty seconds." the red haired woman points out, nodding in approval. "what happens when channel the electricity throughout your body?"

you focus the electric current running through your veins to run along your skin, charges of electricity dancing on your skin as you charge and channel it.

——————

after kouyou approves of what you can do with sheomri, she takes you to a nice traditional japanese restaurant, and she asks you all kinds of questions, and she tells you stories about her missions and her friends in the mafia and all the things she's accomplished.

kouyou is strong, and she makes you want to be strong too.

••••••

A/N: wow i'm so sorry you had to read that mess. i'm trying to set this up for my plan, but i'm also just confusing myself.