16 - Fruits From the Apple Store

Once Jungkook walks out of the small dressing room with all of the new clothes in his arms, you rush to him to help him with some of the load. The two of you make your way back to the front of the store where the cashiers are located. When Jungkook takes notice of your direct path to the front, he stops abruptly in his tracks.

"Aren't we going to put some of these clothes back? This is too much," he purses in his lips, dropping one of his ears as he peers down at you expectantly. You bite your bottom lip gently, trying to suppress the smile that's threatening to break free, and you firmly shake your head.

"Nope; I realized when you were trying on all of these clothes that you pull them off really well. Therefore, I have to buy them all for you," you state adamantly with a playful tone.

"What? No!"

"C'mon bun," you roll your eyes with a huge grin playing on your lips. "No need to make this difficult. Hobi and Taehyung love when I spoil them."

"But-"

"Hush, let me spoil you," you quickly shush the bunny hybrid, grabbing gently onto his wrist and dragging him to line up.

Jungkook huffs in defeat and stands behind you when the two of you approach the counter. The entire time you're making a casual conversation with the employee helping you check out, the bunny hybrid wears a slight pout on his face.

"Are these all for your hybrid?" the cashier asks as she folds one of the shirts and places it into the bag. You don't react when she mistakes Jungkook as your hybrid, but deep down inside, it sends a burst of warmth rolling from your heart.

"Yes," you nod with a small smile, helping her fold some of the clothes.

"What a lucky hybrid! I wouldn't be pouting if my owner bought me all of these clothes," she winks with a smile at Jungkook. The hybrid inhales a sharp breath before his hand tightly grasps your upper arm as he shifts to stand further behind your shorter frame. You stand a little taller when you realize Jungkook's change in behavior is a result of his fear towards females. He's gotten so close to you and the boys recently, that you had almost forgotten what it was like when you first met the bunny hybrid. 

"Oh, he's just mad that I'm spoiling him so much," you lightly coo, letting one hand slip behind you to give Jungkook a reassuring squeeze.

"How cute! Well, you two have a good day," the cashier says as she hands you the bags of clothes.

"Thank you, you too," you call out before guiding Jungkook out of the store. "You okay, bun?" you ask with a hint of worry traced into your tone. You peer up at Jungkook's blank face and you watch as he blinks a couple of times before meeting your gaze.

"Yeah, sorry. I panicked a little when I realized she was talking to me," he mutters. "Thank you for the clothes."

"That's okay. You're getting a lot better, you know? Hell, you're at a crowded mall with me all alone. I'm very proud of you," you smile reassuringly, as you offer a hand out towards him.

Jungkook sends you a timid smile and he quickly slips his hand into yours.

"Where to next?" he asks as the two of you begin walking again. You ponder on the thought and you run through your mental checklist.

"Well, let's go and buy you some shoes," you conclude as you maneuver your way towards the shoe store.

"And socks," Jungkook adds.

"Yes, and socks," you nod absentmindedly. 

When you walk inside the shoe store, Jungkook shows no hesitation in picking up shoes he takes a fancy in, unlike how he acted in the first store. You end up buying Jungkook three pairs of shoes and one pair of slides.

After acquiring his shoes, the two of you make a quick pit stop at the department store to pick up some socks. Once everything is paid for, you grab onto the hybrid's hand again and you head back out of the mall.

"Are we done?" Jungkook asks, looking around at all of the bags filled with his new things.

"We're done at the mall," you nod.

"But there's more?" he asks curiously, catching on quickly to your direct answer.

"Yes," you nod, finally dropping the bags into the trunk of your car. "Just one more thing I want to buy you. And I also need to buy Joonie some new books."

Jungkook nods quietly and takes a seat into your car. The drive over to your next destination is short and silent. When you finally pull into the parking spot in front of the store, Jungkook tilts his head to the side in confusion.

"Are we getting books here? I don't see any books. There's a big apple. Are you buying fruits?" he bombards you with questions and you giggle as his curiosity.

"We're at the Apple Store," you chuckle softly causing Jungkook to gasp suddenly.

"Oh, Hobi told me about his Apple phone! He said it's called an iPhone. Is this where he got it? Is this where you got your iPad too?" he asks excitedly, connecting the dots.

"Yeah," you nod in confirmation. "And we're here to get you your own phone," you add before getting out of the car and walking towards the entrance of the store.

"Wait, what?" Jungkook asks, dumbfoundedly staring at your now empty driver's seat. You glance behind your shoulder and watch as his ears stand tall on his head when he finally registers your words. He quickly scrambles out of the car and runs after you.

You laugh under your breath when the hybrid almost trips on the curb. You raise a hand behind you to lock your car while Jungkook quickly runs up to you and grabs onto you.

"I don't need a phone," he whines. "I can just use your iPad."

"Sorry bun, but I actually need you to have your own phone. This way, you can contact any of us if anything ever happens," you explain.

"But I'm with you guys all the time," he retorts.

"No, this is final. Jin, Jimin, and I discussed this together and we think it would be best to get you a phone."

"Hi, welcome to the Apple Store. Can I help you with anything today?" an employee greets as the two of you walk into the large glass building.

"Hi, yes. I'm looking to buy the latest model of the iPhone today," you smile at the employee and he responds in delight before leading you to the table where the phones are displayed.

"Do you know which storage option you want?" he asks, as he motions to the row of the latest model in a variety of colors.

"The largest storage option will be fine," you nod quickly. Jungkook throws you an incredulous look, which you blatantly ignore. The bunny hybrid might not have much knowledge when it comes to the latest technology, but he's certain the largest storage option comes with a price. 

"Great! And what color would you like?"

"What color bun?" you ask, turning to look up at Jungkook. The bunny frowns at you and looks at the displays. "If you don't pick, I'm choosing for you," you warn.

"Black," he sighs.

"Alright, I'll bring that right out for you," the employee informs you before disappearing to the back. 

Jungkook follows the employee with his eyes. You notice the corners of his lips twitching upwards every other second and a smug smile finds its way onto your lips.

"I see that smile you're trying to hide," you say cheekily. "You don't have to pretend you're unhappy about this."

Jungkook's jaw slacks and he turns to look at you hesitantly. Suddenly, he breaks out into a huge smile and he crushes you into a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he softly chants, burying his face into the crook of your neck. You laugh at his cute habit, softly petting the top of his head.

"No problem, bun," you pull back to look at him. "I'm glad you're happy."