40 - Boss?

Jungkook stares intently at your beautiful features and a smile adorns his soft rosy lips at the mere sight of you. Yet, the bunny hybrid's eyebrows furrow as he unconsciously bounces his leg up and down. Something isn't right; something is missing. But what?

As his eyes carefully dart back and forth, scrutinizing each detail on your face, it finally hits him.

Me! I'm missing! I should be next to Y/N - it's where I belong.

The bunny hybrid chuckles to himself smugly, shaking his head gently to allow his black hair and long velvety ears to sway to and fro around his head. He then reaches out for his pencil once again and focuses on sketching a drawing of himself to accompany his portrait of you.

Just as Jungkook leans down to correct the shape of his hand, drawn resting on your shoulder, he hears the tell-tale clicks of the front door unlocking and frantically flips his drawing pad to a random sketch of the local park.

"Hey, Jungkook," Ezekiel's tired voice calls out. The bunny hybrid squirms in his seat on the living room couch to find a comfortable position to "act natural" before he allows his gaze to trail up to the man.

"Hi," he mumbles calmly.

"Sorry, I'm a little late. My team and I were scrambling to finish a project that's due by the end of this week and we finally got it done. Thank the stars, because I was not about to work overtime on the weekend."

Jungkook zones out as Ezekiel continues to ramble about his day, mindlessly adding small details to his sketch of the park. He occasionally lets out a few hums or nods his head to let the man know he's still "listening". However, the bunny hybrid's mind can only seem to focus on your smile from his drawing that is now engraved into his brain.

"Anyway," Ezekiel clears his throat, bringing Jungkook's attention back to him. "I bought takeout." The human then proceeds to hold up a bag of delicious smelling food and awkwardly waves it around in the air.

"Smells good," the younger male comments quietly.

"Why don't you go get some bowls and utensils while I go change out of my work clothes. Then we can dig in."

Jungkook nods and slowly rises from his seat to wander into the kitchen in search of bowls. At the departure of the bunny hybrid, Ezekiel quietly shuffles over to where the younger male was just sitting and peers down at his drawing pad.

"Odd," Ezekiel comments as he stares at the beautiful sketch of the park. "He's working on this every day when I get home but it seems finished." The man quickly glances over his shoulder to check on the bunny hybrid's whereabouts before continuing to set his phone, wallet, and keys down on the coffee table next to Jungkook's drawing pad. He holds his breath as he slowly reaches out to flip through the pages of the pad.

At first, Ezekiel notices that most of the drawings are sketches of the places he's taken Jungkook - such as parks, grocery stores, or small local shops - or even rooms in his house. However, as the human flips to one particular page, he immediately clenches his jaw and furrows his eyebrows. It's the drawing that Jungkook was just working on.

"Do you want me to unpack the takeout boxes too?" Jungkook calls out from the kitchen, startling the snooping man. Ezekiel quickly flips back to the original sketch of the park before straightening his posture and rushing down the hallway into his bedroom.

"Yeah," he calls out once he's standing in his walk-in closet.

As the man changes, his thoughts constantly revolve around you. The first day he met you at the courthouse, he had assumed you were merely Jungkook's doctor and was looking out for the hybrid in terms of a doctor-patient relationship. However, Ezekiel was quick to catch onto Jungkook's attachment to you and your reciprocation of those attachments. He's gotten glimpses of the way Jungkook snaked his arm around your waist to shield you the day he picked up the bunny hybrid. He knows the bunny hybrid ran back to scent you at the clinic - which is something all hybrids view as a sentimental action of love. And now, he's certain Jungkook's heart still belongs with you despite having been living under his roof for the past one and a half months.