23 - One of Those Days

When you wake up the next morning, you blindly reach out to your bedside table to turn off your alarm. After turning the alarm off, you extend both arms above your head to stretch but Jungkook's arm wrapped around your waist prevents you from moving. A small smile makes its way onto your lips as you glance to the side, admiring Jungkook's sleeping features. His lips are slightly parted and one side of his nose is turned into the crook of your neck.

"Koo, wake up," you call out softly as you bring an arm to shake his shoulder lightly. His long bunny ears twitch quickly and he turns to bury his face deeper into the crook of your neck. You frown slightly when you realize how warm his forehead feels against your skin.

"Five more minutes," he mumbles sleepily.

"Hold on," you shake your head. You manage to slip out of Jungkook's arms - with much protest from the hybrid himself - and you sit up in the bed to get a good look at the hybrid. "Are you feeling alright? You're burning up."

"I'm fine, it was just hot last night," he mumbles as he turns around and opens his eyes to look at you. You frown a little when you catch a glimpse of his baby hairs sticking to his forehead, damp with sweat. You woke up feeling fine, albeit a little warm with the extra body heat under your covers but not to the point where you would break out into a sweat.

"Are you sure? You're drenched in sweat," you ask again. Jungkook lets out a soft huff and sits up quickly.

"I'm fine-" he tries to assure you but his statement is cut off by a soft groan. He brings his hand up to his head and he squeezes his eyes shut, eyebrows furrowing together in discomfort.

"Jungkook?" you ask with worry seeping into your tone.

"I'm fine. I just sat up too quickly," he mutters, finally looking up at you again. You eye the hybrid sitting in front of you wearily.

"I think I should have Jimin come pick you up and Hobi and Tae can look after you today," you sigh, getting out of bed to get ready.

"No, I'm fine," Jungkook insists stubbornly. "I'm just a bit tired - that's all. No big deal. I can nap in your office when I get to the clinic if you're that worried."

"How convenient," you roll your eyes jokingly. "In my office."

Jungkook sends you a strong nod and a toothy grin as you emerge from your closet after changing.

"Let me guess because it smells good in there," you tease.

"And because your couch and blankets are very comfortable," he adds and you giggle.

"I don't know, Jungkook," you sigh in a more serious tone as you stand in front of the bed and look at him. "You're showing symptoms of your heat starting soon. I don't want you to be at the clinic if your heat comes today - for your sake and for the sake of our patients."

"Please, I promise I'm fine! Look, I'll go get ready right now. I'll meet you in the kitchen for breakfast," he begs as he drags himself off your bed. You don't get a chance to respond to him because he quickly dashes down the hall and to his room to change. You shake your head softly before heading to the bathroom to finish your morning routine.

By the time you finish preparing your bags and breakfast, Jungkook has yet to emerge from his room. You frown at his absence, usually, he's already sitting by you on the counter as you prepare breakfast.

"Jungkook? Breakfast is ready," you call out, making your way down the hallway towards his room. Just when you reach his door, it opens to reveal the bunny smiling at you lazily.

"I'm ready," he nods softly and motions for you to walk to the kitchen with him. You give him one last wary glance before turning on your heel to lead him to the kitchen. Jungkook drapes and arm around our shoulders and leans into you. The bunny hybrid thinks he's sly but you pick up on his subtle gesture of leaning some weight onto you to help him walk down the hall.