35 - The Bunny's a Brat

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asks curiously, peering around at his whereabouts as the two of you walk hand-in-hand down the sidewalk. A fond smile makes its way onto your lips as you watch the hybrid's nose twitch cutely, sniffing the new scents of the city.

"Well, I was thinking we can just walk around downtown first. The last time we were in town, you seemed really enthusiastic as we walked by all of the small shops. I also promised you I'd bring you back one day," you explain. The bunny hybrid turns to peer at you in adornment. His eyes hold so many emotions that cause your heart to swell and race incredibly fast.

"Thank you," he smiles gratefully. "This means a lot to me."

"Koo," you drag out in a slight warning tone.

"I know, I know," Jungkook chuckles bashfully. "I'm not allowed to get all sappy. But I still want to thank you for bringing me out. It's really my first time exploring this city for fun."

"Well then I'm glad I get to help you explore the city," you smile back, leaning up to place a small peck on his cheek. "Now where to?"

You allow the excited bunny hybrid to drag you around the streets. The entire time he passes storefronts with bright eyes and an excited wiggling tail, your eyes never leave his form as you bask in his beauty. You paint mental pictures of the hybrid holding your hand - paintings you know you'll be holding onto for a lifetime.

When you find yourself walking down a familiar street, your face brightens and you instantly stand a little taller. You squeeze Jungkook's larger hand gently before you pick up your pace - guiding the two of you towards the store you know the bunny hybrid will love. As you pass the storefront window, Jungkook lets out a soft gasp of excitement and halts his steps altogether.

"An art supply store," he breathes out, face practically pressed onto the glass window.

"I thought you'd like this shop since you can draw so well," you smile fondly. "C'mon, let's go inside instead of just staring at it through the window."

If it's possible, Jungkook's expression brightens, even more, the moment the front door closes behind the two of you. There's a distinctive smell wafting through the urban store - one that hugs you like a warm hug on a cold winter day.

"What do you want to get, Koo?" you ask when you notice the bunny hybrid's eyes flitting around the store restlessly.

"What? I thought we were just looking around," he turns to pout at you, though you can tell the prospect of taking home some new supplies entices him.

"Don't you go pouting on me again," you chide softly with a soft giggle escaping past your lips. "Plus, I want to buy you something for you to bring while you're away. You can draw or paint a picture whenever you're feeling sad or happy. Art is an excellent escape from your everyday life and I'd like to give you the supplies you might need to capture the moments when you're at your highest and when you're at your lowest. Think of the supplies as a piece of home that you're taking with you. And when you get back, we can share the memories that you've painted, together."

"So like taking pictures with a camera?" Jungkook muses, ears standing half-bent while he's deep in thought.

"I actually thought about taking you back to the photography shop when we first left the apartment," you admit sheepishly. Jungkook turns to look at you with a faint expression of surprise - an eyebrow quirked in a way where he's silently asking 'why didn't we go?'. "But I'm no expert when it comes to photography so I wouldn't know what to look at - which means I probably would have bought you anything the clerk recommended."

"Silly, they always sell you the most expensive things first," he scoffs.

"I know," you huff when the word "silly" continues to ring in your ears. The teasing bite in Jungkook's tone causes your heart to skip a beat. When you look up to meet his gaze, you feel yourself shrinking in your body and suddenly you feel so small under the bunny hybrid's teasing gaze. "Which is why I decided against it. I figured you wouldn't be too happy if I bought you the first camera that was recommended. Plus I said we'd go back with Tae one day." You add, voice trailing off to a whisper at the end.