chapter 7

6 years later

"Famous billionaire mathew Thompson was spotted at the entrance of a prestigious hotel in sandtown with his wife and kids, rumour has it that he has returned from his bussiness trip where he managed to close a multimillion deal" according  to an article published on city press

Am always tracking his movements through daily newspapers  to make sure we dont cross paths,and would like to always keep it this way waiting for my transfer to be approved if it happens it will give me a chance to get away from him for good this time.

Am now staying in an small cheap apartment in park town with my kids, and my two roomates and they are sisters, the elder sister is flora  and the younger one is pertunia. we so close one could mistake  us for a perfect  family.

I was in the kitchen wen i heard a ping on my phone indicating that i have recieved  text messages,took my phone from the counter and opened the message.

Twinie: change  of plans petunia  will be  heading to her friend's place afterschol, for our girls day out we'll have to drop the kids at the sunshine day care.

Prepared snacks and extra clothes for the kids and placed them on their back packs, I dont allow them to go out without me unless its school days were i drop them off and the nany picks them so i hope they will enjoy it instead of being a nuisance, especially Alexander since he is stubborn and rough.

°•°•••°○●○•○○●●☆▪︎●○○•○●□■■○•●□□□□□○•••

For now the day out with my roomie is nice,we took a stroll to a nearby   park and had a picnic, we enjoyed the benefits of nature while also chatting haven't done this in long time I have always invested my time  in my children if not at work. We went to a restaurant  that sells nice food for lunch, the was a local band performing music followed by a karaoke competition it was a blast.

We were about to head home when I received  a call from the daycare.

Me: Hello is everything okay. 

Daycare: Hello miss Kimberly we are calling  you  to let you know that your son fell of one of the playset and is being transferred to the hospital  for examination. We will send you the address of the hospital. 

For a moment  I couldnt breath I felt as  if I was suffocating I dont think I will survive if something happens to my son,he is very rough the chances  of this being a serious case is high,I got inside the car with Flora driving me and we rushed to the hospital, as a second passed I was getting more and more nervous I  couldn't stand not knowing the state he's in.

When we arrived at the hospital  the EM service had alredy performed the basic step, i was asked to authorize his examination  after that set on the bench waiting for his examination results,20 minutes later which felt like a decade  I was asked to come inside his medical room,saw my son lying on the bed happily with a small band aid on his arm and nothing serious.

I was now relieved  knowing that my son is okay, we had a chat while waiting for his examination results from the X-ray scan. The doctor came on and explained  everything  for us,he gave  us a notice explaining the medicine that must be collected from the hospital pharmacy and how they should be administered. When we got to the pharmacy we waited for our turn while chatting.

My son's name was called and I got up, when I arrived at the counter window I was shocked at wat I was seeing, before me stood kendall my old roommate  she looked at me as if she had seen a Ghost. Tried to open my mouth but nothing came out I just stood there frozen until some people on the que started complaining,she understood my situation  gave me his medicine and I left without looking back.

I think she was watching me all along because while heading out of the hospital she called my name, once I turned  my back she came to me running, can we talk she said to me so I excused my self.

"Does mathew know about the kid" she said.

Now there is no turning  back she knows it's his son  he looks exactly like him so am not surprised, lying would be of no use so had to tell the truth.

"Well it's not only him its twins, and he knows  nothing about them also plan to keep it that way. Kendall he is happily married  with two kids and am happily single I dont want to complicate things for him and my kids" I said

"No lauren if he's the father he deserves to know the truth yes he has a family  but they are also his family you can't keep them away from him it's either you tell him or I will because the is no way I am keeping  this from my cousin" she said.

Kendall  offered to take us to dinner so she can meet the other twin.we drove to the daycare to pick up Alexandria  she was so excited to seen her brother was fine.the dinner was awesome flora headed home after dropping us at the dinner  we updated each other on how our lives have been after five years. Kendall took a pic of the twins and saved it on her phone she promised that she will arrange a meeting for me and Mathew  so I can tell him about the kids.

I spent the hole night thinking about what had just happened  and what will happen  if mathews find out, I've read scandals of what happened  to women  who were alleged to having an affair with mathew, none of them were spared by brittany and her mom, what if they try to hurt my kids, I could help it so to save my kids from this saga I had to do the right thing and in this  case is sacrificing my  newly revived friendship  by blocking kendall's contacts from my call list. Few minutes later managed to fall asleep.

Woke up early in the morning and did my hygiene routine,  went to the kitchen  and prepared breakfast,Flora joined me when preparing the table,she asked a couple of questions so that she'll be  updated  of what happened  last night the is one question  that Got  my attention. 

"So after everything  that happened  are you planning  to get back with him, the guy has been searching for you for 2 years, and knowing  that the marriage  is just a bussiness  deal I think you should give him a chance" she said.

I dont think coming to his life now after 6 years is a good thing you know, paparazzi  will be after me and my kids, going out for a stroll in a park or taking them out for an icecream during weekends wont be possible.  I dont want them them to live that kind of life it's not healthy for them.