11

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Khushi and Lavanya were in their room. It was a tiring but exciting day for both the girls. It was their Sangeet which concluded just a few hours ago.

"Chamkili, can you believe it, we are getting married in two days?"

"Lavanya, I've been married once to the same man, but last time there was nothing of this sort. I never knew that I was to get married that day. But today I'm very excited."

"Chamkili, I never asked ASR about what happened between the two of you. If it is okay, will you tell me?"

"Thinking back is hard. But since I have accepted it Lavanya, I have no problems telling you."

"I really missed you Chamkili. I should actually hate you, but I couldn't bring myself to do that, even when ASR and I split because of you.

"What? I did not know that? What did I do?"

"No Khushi, you didn't do anything. You were just a simple fun loving girl and no one could resist you. Not even the mighty ASR. He called me Khushi, while he was apologizing to me after shouting at me. That was when I realised, he never loved me. It would be you. Remember I told you to take care of him, and that I won't be able to come to your wedding. That was because I thought at that point that I wouldn't be able to get over the fact that ASR won't be mine."

"But Lavanya, Arnav never once told me he loved me..."

"That's probably because he didn't realize it then. Tell me Khushi, what happened that drove you out of the lives of everyone who loved you?"

"Where do I begin Lavanya, you know, even I thought I was in love. Just like that my dreams were shattered when he forced me to marry me. Almost five months later, I got to know that he did that because of a misunderstanding. You know about Shyam no?" Lavanya nodded.

"I tried explaining. One whole month, I just did that. I tried. He wouldn't listen. I decided it would be better for everyone if I just disappeared."

"But, you were wrong. Everything came out in the open soon after you left. I know that. I was back in India for some time around that time. That was when I met NK, you know." Lavanya said with a faint smile.

"You know, if only ASR had realised and confessed his love for you a little bit earlier, we could've avoided all this drama."

"True Lavanya. But, at the same time, I wouldn't have gone to stay with my brother in Mumbai. Nor would I have established myself in the industry."

"So, you think, this separation was a blessing in disguise Chamkili?"

"I don't really know that. But, I would like to believe, everything happens for a reason."

Khushi looked at the nearby clock and exclaimed, "Devi Maiyya, it is so late. We should go to sleep."

"Tomorrow is our Mehndi and the boys are not allowed in it." Lavanya sounded sad over that.

"Lavanya, do you know, last time Nanheji and jiju tried to get into the function and Nanheji almost succeeded at that but was finally caught by buaji."

"What? Really? NK did that?"

"Yeah Lavanya, and to escape Naaniji's wrath, he said that it was all Arnav's plan. I was so shocked to hear that and I said Arnav, at the same time that lady who was doing my Mehndi asked me whose name I want on my mehndi. She ended up writing A"