𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E

" THE CIRCLING SEARCH "

pre-note:

this chapter is going to be a bit on the longer side, just so that i can set up the next chapter so that it's easier to follow :)

a little over 3000 words :3

so buckle in, & i hope you enjoy!

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

K a m c h a t k a , R u s s i a

JOYCE & MURRAY

"Vnimaniye! Na vkhode v portal proizoshla neizvestnaya zapis'. Dolozhi tut zhe."

The alarm blared through the speakers to alert the entire facility of something Joyce didn't understand through it's Russian.
The chaos of the Russian soldiers and guards and lab technicians still occurred all around Joyce and Murray, effectively confusing them.

Joyce exchanged looks with Murray as they helped each other up to their feet, still standing in front of the gate that led back into the upside down. They unzipped the top half of their suit, allowing just their heads to breathe the air of the Russian facility.

Joyce turned to look expectantly at Murray, who had a worried and concerned look etched in his eyebrows. "What'd the alarm say?"

"That there's been a break-in in the gate room.."

Murray turned to look at Joyce with fearful eyes before he realized exactly where they were.

They were in a Russian facility : one that the world doesn't even know exists.

They have no weapons to protect them.

They have no way of navigating the facility to find Y/N and Hopper.

And according to the alarms, there are dangerous science experiments that have escaped their cells, and are on the loose.

But the Russian lab technicians and guards seemed far more concerned about the first announcement than they were about the second announcement.