𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E

"THE UPSIDE DOWN BATTLE PT. 1"

OVER 3000 WORDS !

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆ ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

| D E C E M B E R 25th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

MIKE PACED AS HIS ANXIETY of this situation only worsened.
He felt claustrophobic ; yanking off his gas mask to try and control his breathing.
According to the time he's been keeping track of, Joyce and Murray had been in the upside down for too long.

It's already almost been an hour. They don't have that much time left.

"Mike, why don't you just sit down for a minute?" Steve called from his seated place, his own gas mask hanging off. "Just relax for a minute."

Everyone leaned against the cemented wall that faced the humming gate, their gas masks just hanging around their neck for now because they were a bit further away from the gate, not necessarily needing the protection ; watching Mike pace nervously.

Eleven sat closer to the gate, using her power to subconsciously will the gate to stay open. But she was getting more and more tired by the minute, and Mike could tell that the gate's power to stay open was getting weaker.

Her eyes were reddened, with tired bags under them. Her nose wasn't bleeding much, but she was sniffling.

At the rate that the gate's entrance was shrinking, there's no way the Hoppers and Joyce and Murray would make it through.

Mike turned to look at Steve with a glare, hating the way he could just sit there—still in his Family Video uniform—and really tell Mike to relax? When Y/N is trapped just on the other side of that gate and there's nothing he can do?

"Really?" Mike's voice pierced. "The gate is obviously getting weaker and might just close on them inside. You really want me to relax?"

With that, Steve shut his mouth, the surprise of  just being scolded by a sixteen year old left him silent.

It wasn't just the fact that Y/N and Hopper might not make it out that was worrying Mike. It was also the fact that Joyce and Murray might not either.