Chapter 1-The Test

"You're just messing with me. Drop the act." Kevin claimed, even though deep down he knew that I was telling the truth.

"You know I'm right. And I know you don't care about me but there's a freaking child inside of me now and it could be yours." I glared at him hoping he wouldn't still kill me either way.

The room went silent for a while, and everyone was lost in their own thoughts. I wanted to know how Shawn was feeling about this, actually I needed to. Every time I'd try to look at him something makes me change my mind. Maybe I was too afraid of his reaction to ask.

After what seemed like an eternity of silence, Shawn opened his mouth. "So what are we going to do?"

Kevin gave him an uncomfortable stare and started pacing around the room. "We have to know which one is the father."

Of course we had to know, but wouldn't that make things worse? If it turned out to be Shawn, he might leave. Actually, he might leave either way. Our future together is ruined.

If it were Kevin's, I don't even want to think about what would happen. He cannot be allowed back into my life. But then again, he never left in the first place.

Whatever happens, I won't abandon my baby or let it die. I just can't live the rest of my life like it never happened. No matter what happens, even if they both leave me, my kid stays with me.

"I know what I'm going to do but what will you do?" I spoke up questioning their intentions.

"Well I don't care who the father is I still want to be with you." said Shawn. I wanted to believe him and smile but if he couldn't look at me while saying it, I wonder if he really meant it.

"If it's his then screw you and screw him I'm leaving and I don't want to hear from either of you. But if the child is mine, I'm going to be in your life whether you like it or not." admitted Kevin while focusing his gaze on me. Not once did he even glance over at Shawn.

"We'd better find out then." I sighed. "But there's something I want to know, what happened to Caroline?" I asked worriedly.

"Hate to break it to you but your little plan didn't go so smoothly. You escaped but she got caught."

"What did you do to her you psycho?" my voice got a little higher as rage filled my mind.

"Teeny tiny punishment." He took a few steps closer to me and whispered "She took your place."

WHAT?? DOES THAT MEAN they-they- NO!

I closed my fists and threw my strongest punch to his face.

"YOU BITCH! What is wrong with you?" he yelled.

"What's wrong with ME? You killed your own sister!" I shouted.

"She's not dead you idiot. Did you really think we'd execute the princess? I meant she got arrested and is to spend the rest of the month locked in your cell. She betrayed the king." he clarified as he rubbed the red mark on his face.

I was relieved by his words but still, Caroline didn't deserve that, he did.

"That's not fair she didn't do anything."

"Would you stop being so dramatic? It's just one month. I tried to convince my father to keep her there forever but he's too stubborn." Kevin shamelessly admitted.

"So is she safe?" Shawn stepped in to try and break the tension.

"For now." he smirked. "Not for long though."

"What's that supposed to mean? If you hurt her, I swear you'll regret ever talking to me." I threatened.

"I already do huns you're not much fun. Besides, I won't be the one hurting her."