Chapter5- The Sneakout

*Heads up: These two chapters are AWESOME SAUCEEEE*

It's been two days since I had found Rodrick's number in Jasmine's phonebook but I still didn't make the call. I wasn't rethinking the rescue mission but I didn't trust that man. He's creepy.

What if I get stuck and can't return here? Is that even possible? Not to mention that I don't know how to save her anyway. All I could do is warn her, but what if she already knew about their plan and stood helpless?

I'm still confused about my necklace ringing that day, it was pretty weird. The only way I could ever get answers is if I ask someone who has them, AKA Rodrick. I'm sure he wouldn't help me, not for free anyway.

"Hey Shawn, can I borrow your phone?"

"Uhh, yeah go ahead," he replied unsure of what I needed it for.

He handed over his phone and I put my hand out to take it. It was already unlocked. I got off the couch and went to the bedroom to get some privacy. I had already found his number on the 15th page in the book the day I got it. 

Ok here we go. I took a deep breath and let it out while closing my eyes for a second. I typed in the first digit and felt my heartbeat rate increasing. I dialed the number and the phone started ringing.

After about three rings, I decided to hang up. Maybe him not picking up was a sign that I shouldn't contact him. Just as I was about to press the red button that would end the call, I got a response. "Hello?"

"Hi, listen it's me, Emma. I need to talk to you."

"What do you want?" he asked impatiently.

"I need you to send me back to Pengale. Can you do that?" I tried to lower my voice as much as possible so that Shawn wouldn't hear a thing.

"Why on earth would you want to go back? Girl you're bipolar as hell."

"It doesn't matter, so can you?"

"I can but that doesn't mean I will. What do I get out of this?" of course being the selfish narcissist that he is, he had to gain from every little thing.

"You won't see me around, isn't that rewarding on its own?" I said unable to believe I actually did.

"I'm sure we can agree on something better. Meet me at the club right behind the library, 9pm sharp. Dress nicely, I'd better like what I see." He said in a demanding tone.

"No I can't do nine. 2am is better. And mind your own business not my clothes." I didn't want Shawn to find out about this he would freak out.

"Going behind his back, I see how it is. I don't like repeating myself Emma, if your outfit doesn't please me, no deal. I'll see you at two." and he hung up.

I turned off the phone and gave it back to Shawn, who was sitting with his legs crossed one on top of the other on the couch. I sat down next to him and sighed, leaning my head backwards and looking up at the white ceiling.

"You alright?" he looked at me worriedly.

"I'm fine I guess."

"Come here," he opened his arms for me and I immediately scooted to his embrace. Having someone to count on and being able to get comfortable with their body around mine felt good. He felt good.

I can't believe I'm going to have to sneak out behind his back tonight. I didn't want to, but Caroline needed me.

It was getting late, but Shawn didn't seem tired at all. "Hey I'm getting tired, should we finish this episode and call it a night?" I yawned pretending to be exhausted, which I was, but mentally.