Riddle Me This

It feels like so much has happened and this has been going on for so long, right? But this is actually the very beginning of my long and complicated outline lmao. Anyway, it's time to meet our Sphinx! I wonder who this could be *insert lenny face here* And if you're wondering if there will ever be an end to me adding other kpop fandoms: no, no there will not be. We're catchin em all.

***

The winter storms were slowly giving into the spring rains. Of course, this made everything horribly humid and muddy, but at least you weren't snowed in for days on end anymore.

As soon as you were able, you scheduled contractors that specialized in hybrid-friendly rooms to help get one prepared, as you fully planned on starting the adoption process for Mark when it was done. You had to make sure it had its own heating and cooling system separate from the rest of the house, insulation for winter, and UV lighting, among other things. Needless to say, it was not going to be a quick process, but Mark was safe at the shelter with Heechul's near-constant vigilance.

You'd also begun to clear out the barn that you've only been using for storage since your grandparents had adopted out all of their animals. You weren't quite sure how serious you were yet about getting some animals in there again, but for now, it gave you something to do while construction was going on inside your home.

You spent a lot of time throwing out or giving away anything unusable, sweeping out stalls, and scrubbing everything down until it shone like it hadn't in years. Thankfully you still kept in touch with a lot of the people that had worked with your family over the years and it was easy to have fresh supplies brought in, half of which you weren't even sure you'd ever use, but everyone was happy to hear that the farm was going back to work in a sense.

Despite all these other changes, your relationship with Namjoon was settled into a comfortable path. Not to say that things were unexciting - the man never failed to find some new way to make your heart flutter - but it felt secure and steady now. Like the two of you being a forever thing was assured. It continually surprised you when you remembered that you actually hadn't been together for very long. He felt like he'd always been there.

Most days were simply routine. You'd both wake up at the same time and shower - together more often than not -, have breakfast and then he'd head to the shelter while you'd work in your office. At least three times a week you'd meet up to have lunch together, thankful that both of you had lenient bosses that wouldn't freak out when an hour-long lunch turned into two or three. Once he was home for the day, the two of you usually just spent your time together. You'd watch a movie or read while you cuddled on the couch, oftentimes ignoring the screen to simply listen to him talk. The way he viewed the world was beautiful and you never grew tired of listening.

Namjoon had put his foot down and declared date night mandatory. So every single Saturday without fail he'd drag you into town for some event or into the mountains for a hike, always doing his best to create the most romantic day possible. You'd tried to convince him that he didn't need to do all this, that simply walking with him in the forest near your home was romantic as long as he was there, but he claimed he was still "courting" you so it wasn't something he could just stop. You assumed that meant it was something to do with his Dragon side and let him do as he pleased.

Once a week you'd usually tag along and go to the shelter, spending most of your time in the playrooms. According to one of the volunteers, Heechul's shelter held an average of one hundred and fifty hybrids at any given time, which seemed an astronomical amount if one didn't know about the secret wings and the fact that you were pretty sure he'd borrowed the whole 'bigger on the inside' concept.