ten

ʚ No Mercy ɞ

The dinner table went silent but Naruto was shaken up

The dinner table went silent but Naruto was shaken up. He despises Inari's way of words, telling them all to give up and not fix the situation. An argument with a child makes it harder to understand because he is small-minded and stubborn. Inari then burst into tears, leaving the table to have some time alone outside. Misa hands Tsunami a plate of fresh-baked crepes. "I'll g-go talk w-with him." said the girl. The woman nods, a dreary expression on her face.

Misa went out to find the child at the dock, bawling his eyes out. "Everything is going to be okay." Her soft, honey voice fills up the tense atmosphere. Inari turns around to see her coming over and sitting down with him. "Judging from how you feel when we first arrived here, you disheartened." Misa turns her head at the boy. His eyes read nothing but sadness and hurt. To her surprise, he speaks out. "I never wanted ninjas to come in my life because they can't be heroes," Inari confesses to the girl who is deadpanned.

He continues "I lost my otou-san from Gato's manipulation. He was the only person in the world who is my role model and taught me not to back down because I got bullied before. Now he is no longer here. I can't feel his caring presence." Inari sobs again and digs his face into his knees.

Misa now remembers seeing their family portrait on the wall with a person's missing face. Tazuna couple nights ago told them the story of a lost hero named Kaiza—it happens to be Inari's stepfather. She can comprehend that the tragic death of his father affected him at a very young age.

Without noticing she reaches out her sleeved arms and brings him into a bear-like embrace. She would do this whenever Koichi is upset. "I'm sorry to hear about your otou-san's passing. You have trust issues and it's fine but although," she uses her index finger to lift his chin and look up at her shiny rosy pink eyes, "true ninjas have the chance to become heroes." Her uttered greatly.

Misa's pretty face has a calming smile on. "True ninjas are sworn to protect the ones they love. We demand peace. So, crying will not solve anything unless you fight back." She sums it up for the little boy, lightly cupping his cheek to wipe away the tears with her thumb.

"She is right."

They both turned their heads at the silver-haired man walking on the dock. Kakashi steps closer to the kids with his hands in his pocket, one eye bore at them. "What Naruto said is not what you think." He stated and takes a seat with them. "We heard the story of your otou-san from Tazuna. Naruto is a loud-mouth but he doesn't know his own parents." Kakashi proclaimed, having Inari look at him all stunned.

"He never had anybody in his whole life and he did cry like you but he must've gotten tired of it. In other words, Naruto might understand your feelings the most." The man gives him an eye-smile. Finally, Inari's spirit has been lifted. He believes that his father is smiling down on him from heaven's clouds.

May Kaiza rest in peace.

The three went back inside to some real quality time together with everyone else. Inari became more social during dinner time and it brought a gleeful smile on his mother's and grandpa's faces. Misa grabs a crepe from a dish to taste the dessert. Sweet and fluffy. It felt like a rainbow sprinkled in her mouth. Just how she wanted, it wasn't burnt or gooey just perfect.