twenty-five

ʚ Never Forget ɞ

The sun.

It's beaming over his face.

His heavy obsidian eyes slowly blink wide open. He remembers now that he is in the hospital after that fight. A devastating fight. Sasuke begins sitting himself up and looks at his hands. He was deep in his thoughts. He thought about everything. The failed attempt to kill Itachi and all of those times when Naruto defeats those enemies in battles. Sasuke felt powerless.

"Is he okay for visitors to come? He hasn't been talking frequently." Misa wondered worrisome to the female Sannin who helped to patch up Sasuke. "I'm sure, considering he only trusts you." Tsunade gave her student a hearten grin. The Sannin is known to be Konoha's Fifth Hokage and the first woman to take the pledge for her village. She can see the petite girl has brought a bouquet for him. Misa merely nodded her head and opens the door.

As the young beauty enters, she almost shudders when she noticed his eyes looked soulless. "Sasuke-kun, are you okay now?" Misa asked him. It surprises her that he didn't say a word other than having his gaze set upon her. She comes closer to the bed and puts down the bouquet on a nightstand. She sits down to look at him. He looks paler and deadpan. "Do you want to talk about it?" Misa asked again.

Sasuke pursed his lips, he gingerly grabs for her hands. His touch was cold like ice. "You're safe and that matters." He spoke in a grave voice. Misa never heard him speak that way. It sounds detached from life. So she brings his hands and lightly kisses his knuckles. "It's okay, I know you are feeling distressed. Please don't hurt yourself anymore." She tells him in a solace tone. Sasuke felt a little warmth spreading his dull chest. Misa is a cure. A cure like no other.

"Oi! Sakura-chan!"

The lovers both turned their heads at the door. They hear Naruto's loud voice from outside. Misa smiles "Looks like you got more visitors." She said but doesn't see the anger overlapping in his eyes. "Misa-chan! I missed you!" Naruto leaps his feet to give her a big hug. "I missed you too." She giggles and hugs him back. Once her fingers let go of Sasuke's fingers, his frown hardened.

"I hope you guys like apples because I brought some." Sakura walks in with a bag of delicious apples. Misa's rosy pink eyes gleamed "Arigatou!" She gratefully thanks her friend. They all sat around with Sasuke who doesn't say a word when the others are talking. He gritted his teeth wider than before as his brother's voice keeps talking into his ears. Sakura finishes cutting and peeling an apple and gives a piece for everyone. "Here you go, Sasuke-kun." She hands it to him in a kind manner.

Unexpectedly, he sends a demented glare and forcibly slaps her hand out of the way. It shocked them when the small plate breaks and the fruit was thrown across the room. Misa's jaw dropped to the ground. Sasuke wouldn't dare to hurt Sakura. She goes to the pink-haired kunoichi and held her hand to soothe her trembling. "What's gotten into you?" Naruto asked the Uchiha all bewildered. Without a response, Sasuke delivers him the most enraged glare ever.