twenty-four

ʚ Family Reunion ɞ

Nanami tries her best to keep it calm

She doesn't know what these strange-looking people's intentions are but she served them what they ordered and goes with the flow. She comes out of the kitchen to bring a tray of hot green tea and fresh-baked dangos. "Here you go." Nanami kindly gives them their order. "Arigatou." The short person thanked in a husky voice. She nods her head a little and went back to the kitchen.

"This tea is tasty, your people must know how to make it right." The tall person chuckled gravelly, enjoying his beverage. "Don't waste time, Kisame." His partner strictly asserted. The man named Kisame plays a smirk on his face. What the public doesn't see is that he has blue scales. "Oh, I won't Itachi. We'll get this mission completed as soon as possible." He takes another sip of the warm green tea. Itachi lets out a sigh and grabs for a dango off the plate. When taking that first bite, the sweet taste delights his tastebuds.

Just how he remembered liking them as a young child. It felt nice to have some home food.

He peeks through the hat to see the one who made the dessert. It's been so long since he ever encountered a girl that is pure and very beautiful. Nanami's lilac eyes are a unique color but appealing. The rest of her face is overall winsome. Suddenly, Itachi's trance gets interrupted by a familiar voice that he hadn't heard in years. "While I'm here to buy offerings, I've made plans to meet here." The person was having a nice talk with his colleagues when they come across him. Itachi takes a cup of tea and before drinking it, the person mentioned a name. "With Sasuke."

His fingers twitched and makes a low growl. Itachi kept his position to not go negligent but gave Kisame a rigid look in the eye. 'We need to leave now.' he mentally said. The tall man nods without a word. Itachi laid out some money on the table. Before he can leave, he also hears another voice that he'll never forget.

"Kakashi, it's strange for you to be here first."

Sasuke is inquiring about what his sensei needed. He looks behind the man to speculate. Confused, the boy sees there is no one in the bakery. So Sasuke made an excuse to Kakashi that he is not a sweets person. The silver-haired Jōnin understands but sends a mute response to Kurenai and Asuma. They obeyed and scattering off to somewhere.

Kakashi changes the subject to brighten up the slightly tense mood. "How are things with Misa-chan?" He asked Sasuke. The boy shrugs his shoulders "We're doing good. I got invited to go play with her otouto at her house. Now that I'm here, I'll bring her some crepes." He explained to his mentor and crossed his arms.

The idea that he'll give his lover some sweets just made Kakashi giggle. "You two are the cutest. I can't wait to see what your guy's future is like." He was teasing Sasuke but at the same time is proud of them. The Uchiha boy is stoic as the ordinary and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. I wonder if you will propose to Hanare any sooner." He remarks with a taunting smirk. The two adults have been dating for a while and the squad sees Kakashi get all clingy on Hanare.