The Main House

** Dakota's POV **

My jaw dropped as my eyes took in the beauty of this rustic, yet modern and almost industrial space. As expected, the redwood log I saw from the outside was the same log now showing on the inside. The ceilings were vaulted in this room presumably going up all three stories. The entry room could have been a lobby in a resort. The center of the room was sunken down about a foot to create another level and the centerpiece of the room was a huge glass fireplace with a stone base that jutted out to act as seating on all sides. Surrounding it were luxurious leather seating areas. The corners were cozy little wrap around booths with marble tables in the center. On two sides were long couches with a natural wood coffee table between the couches and the fire place. On the other sides were two sets of smaller loveseat couches perpendicular to the fireplace so that each set of loveseats faced each other with a natural wood coffee table in between and the sets were back to back. All seating areas were complete with gorgeous fur rugs, accent pillows, with bookcases dividing each section to provide more privacy. The lights which hung from the ceiling and upon the sconces were specialized bulbs which reminded me of the steampunk world. The decor was a mix of woods and rot iron.

A large archway to my immediate right gave me a view of the most beautiful dining room. The large bay windows of this corner space had a perfect view of the surrounding woods and one side opened up to a balcony with more outdoor seating areas which included glass tables. They were the kind of tables that have a glass rock pit in the center that can be lit to create a fireplace right in the center of the table. The large dining tables had rustic natural wood edges with chairs made of rot iron and wood neatly tucked in. The chairs had various soft furs laid over the rough wood to make them look incredibly comfortable. More casual dining areas were also strategically placed along with partitions made of glass and wood which divided the space naturally. I assumed the lovely smell coming from the back of this room meant the kitchen was at the far end of the room where I couldn't see.

On the left side of the entry room another open archway showed me a bar area. A long marble bar counter sat against the far wall. It had rot iron bar stools with gorgeous leather seats and the wall behind the bar had a stunning backlit glass display of every alcohol imaginable. I noticed more leather chairs and loveseats around tables and a bookcase filled with games, as well as a few pool tables, some dart boards and what looked to be some target stalls... maybe for axe throwing?

Past the fireplace in the entry area was a grand staircase in the center of the room. As we began our ascent up the steps I couldn't believe how huge the space was, the staircase itself was at least eight feet wide. Everything was perfectly polished to the point that I could see my reflection. Despite my awe with how beautiful the space was, I couldn't hold back my yawn. My feet and legs grew heavier with each step and I could feel my posture slouching more and more. I caught Al looking at me and immediately straightened up. I didn't want her to think I didn't belong in this place.

Al must have noticed because she took me down the hall to the elevator once we got to the second floor. "Your room is up in the tower." She smiled apologetically. "I promise we're almost there honey." Her voice was so sweet and comforting as she led me into the elevator.

Silvy hopped down from my arms and looked expectantly up to Al, who was still holding Silvy's new friend. "Oh, right, of course." She said, as she bent down and let the mouse go. It immediately ran up to Silvy and sat next to her.

CB: I told you. Something is up man! This isn't normal! Cats and mice, playing nice?

HB: CB, don't. AB will get upset again, and it's clearly bed-time. You're rhyming.

As the doors to the elevator opened, Silvy and the mouse immediately began to investigate the new space. Al stepped out of the elevator, waiting for me to exit. I stepped out slowly, my jaw finding its way back to the floor as I took in the beautiful room.