Her Letter.

My dearest Babe,

I am writing as I eat my lunch, my hands are all greasy and dirty, and no matter how much I scrub, I can't get all the grease off of me. You would laugh at me if you could see me now.

How are you? What is your training like? Have you met anyone new? I want to hear everything (if you're permitted to tell me, that is). Tell me what Europe is like.

Me? I'm doing okay. Max tried to lie his way into the army again last month. I think he doesn't realize that the recruitment officers haven't changed and they recognize him from last time. I know you'd appreciate his effort though. Have I told you Dolores was getting married? She moved to New York just a month ago, and sent me invites to her wedding even though I'm sure she knows I won't be able to go. She has an invite for you too. I told her you would've loved to be there.

I miss you. Not a minute passes that I don't think of what it would have been like if any of this had never happened. What do you think we would be doing now? M̷a̷y̷b̷e̷ ̷w̷e̷ ̷w̷o̷u̷l̷d̷ ̷b̷e̷ ̷i̷n̷ ̷N̷e̷w̷ ̷Y̷o̷r̷k̷ ̷a̷s̷ ̷w̷e̷l̷l̷.̷ Regardless, I want you to know that I'm blessed to have you in my life. Not every girl can say her boyfriend volunteered to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, and with a face like yours, its safe to say that I'm the luckiest.

I̷ ̷n̷e̷e̷d̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷c̷o̷m̷e̷ ̷h̷o̷m̷e̷.̷ Keep fighting. The United States, the whole world even, is watching you with pride. I love you, and I'll be here waiting.

With all my heart,

Your Eggs