His Letter.

My Eggs,

You have no idea how much shit I got from the men for starting my letter to you this way. I too am writing this as I eat lunch. And you were absolutely right, I would laugh if I was there to see you. We always laughed whenever we were together.

I'm doing a lot better than when I first arrived, that's for sure. All the men have managed to make me feel welcomed, but none more so than Bill Guarnere. He's from Philadelphia too, and everyone here calls him "gonorrhea" because of how unfortunate his last name is. Most of these men fought on D-Day, and they all act a little older than us replacements. I haven't felt so young in ages. Sadly, I can't tell you anything about our training, but I can tell you about Europe.

Its cold and it rains all the time here in England. The days are a lot shorter, and they make me miss the afternoons we spent in the fields where it felt like time never moved. Despite that, the people are lovely, and the country itself is beautiful. I feel like you would have loved it here, this whole place feels like one of those story books you would have read. I wish you were here to see it.

I'm glad you told Dolores I would've loved to be there at her wedding, because that's the truth. Give her and her husband my congratulations. Max, on the other hand, doesn't receive a single congratulations from me. Tell him to keep trying though, we could use someone with his persistence in the battlefield.

I miss you too. And not a minute goes by that I don't wish you were beside me.

Continue waiting for me. We still have a boat ride to catch in New York Harbour.

And with all of mine,

Babe.