Ch. 27 Dream?

(AN):

I'll be speaking in 3rd person from now on--why? Because i think it's much more easier to write with?(IDK, tell me if you prefer Eleanor's POV, or 3rd person POV)

(BACK TO STORY)

----

Eleanor and Emma arrived at a shabby looking shop, when they went inside it looked even worse. The floor tiles is broken while the roof has some holes, over all it looked disgusting and ugly.

"My lady...maybe we should look for another shop." Emma urged while covering her nose. "It also stinks..what's that smell.."

"Emma, lets go with this.. I'll hire some people to fix this shop." Eleanor said while looking at the owner of the shop that wore a dress that has some patched on it while holding the hand of her 10 year old daughter.

"How much is this?" Eleanor said while taking out one of the check. The shop owner's face immediately brightened up as she hurriedly said, "It will be 10 gold miss."

Emma's face was covered in shock, how can this shabby looking place cost 10 gold?

"Here." Eleanor gave them a check that wrote 50 gold. Their eyes widened at the number.

Emma scanned the shop again before whispering to Eleanor, "My lady, it's too overpriced, we could look for another shop that cost less and even look better than this!"

Eleanor laughed as she pat Emma's back," Don't worry! I know what I'm doing."

She looked back at the Owner and the little girl whose eyes were still looking at the check in their hands.

"Do you have a job?" The owner's face looked at Eleanor as she replied: "No miss, we were bankrupt so we had to sell our only source of income."

"That good! I'll hire you both to work at my shop!" Eleanor pointed to the check, "You'll both get 20 gold every month, I suppose you know how to serve the costumers?"

The mother-daughter pair nod their heads as they thanked her, "Oh right this will be made into a cafe, your work clothes will be delivered next week! I'll also hire some chefs to make desserts."

"Thank you for your kindness miss!" The mother said while bowing her head and the little girl followed.

"No worries, I'll have to worry you to take care of the shop, i think it'll take a month or so to fix it." Eleanor smiled at them before looking up at the sky, "It's almost dark, I'll get going now."

The mother-daughter pair waved them goodbye as their figures disappeared.

The daughter tugged her mother's clothes,"Mommy, that lady was a fairy right?"

The mother patted her head before nodding,"Yes, we need to work hard to pay her okay?"

"En!" The daughter laughed merrily as they walked to a nearby inn for them to stay in, so they can clean the shop when the morning comes.

***

"I still have 4 checks.." Eleanor said while walking inside the mansion.

"Emma can you find 3 capable pastry chefs?" Emma nodded as Eleanor went inside the bath.

"You can rest now, You don't need to serve me." She dismissed Emma, naturally Emma followed and left after she placed the compass on the desk near the closet.

After a while, Eleanor came out of the bath and saw the compass glistening in the corner of her eye. Right, she needed to take a closer look at the compass.