Hold Your Hand | Lew Juergens

Female reader. Back at it again with another Lew Juergens piece bc there's literally not enough of these to go around. Mentions of horror movies, if that makes you uncomfortable. And also like one curse word. This went really off the rails of what I had planned, but that's just how it be sometimes.

~~~

Your friends decided it was a good idea to see a horror movie. Why, you had no idea. You were down with seeing anything else, but your friends somehow managed to drag you along to see the recent horror movie that came out.

"Come on, you gotta come see it with us! Open your horizons a little, stop sticking with the same few movie genres!"

You tried protesting. "Not if it does things to my psychological health!"

"Come on, (Y/N), we'll sit right with you the whole time, okay? Nothing to worry about."

You frowned. "Fine, but you all owe me. I'm being a good friend, okay? No need to take advantage of that."

Turns out, the only seats available were a few in the middle section, and a couple in the back.

You sighed, shaking off your friends' frowns. "It's okay, guys. I'll be right behind you."

So there you sat in the back section, empty seat next to you while your friends sat in the few empty seats in the middle. You honestly had no idea how you would make it through the movie, but if you had to, you were willing to leave and buy yourself a ticket to another movie.

You would have to get past a cute boy if you wanted to leave your seat, though. So how would you get past him without bothering him? That was a plan you were working on as the movie began playing.

You were surprised you made it halfway through the movie before the jump scares really started racking up. There wasn't supposed to be that many jump scares in the span of the past twenty minutes, right? And seriously, why do the characters always split up in horror movies?! It's almost like they have a death wish or something.

The characters were making their way through the forest when something lunged at them and you gasped, clutching on to the closest thing by your hand.

The thing you grasped onto happened to be the hand of the cute boy sitting next to you.

"Uh...."

"Sorry, sorry," you muttered. "I don't do horror movies."

"Oh." came the reply. "You gonna be good, or...."

"My friends couldn't get a seat next to me so I'm sitting alone in a horror movie, sitting next to a hot stranger, so please let me hold onto your hand, I promise you I'll let go as soon as I'm okay." you muttered to yourself, hoping the boy wouldn't mind you holding onto his hand with a near-death grip.

"Oh. Yeah. It's okay. I mean, yeah. Okay. Thanks?" the boy laughed to himself as he struggled to find the right words. "For calling me hot? I dunno."

You couldn't help the sheepish grin that spread across your face. Of course he heard you. "Of all the things that just happened, and you focus on me telling you you're attractive."

"Look, when a girl is scared and needs help, I'm not gonna let her struggle." His grin couldn't get any cheekier.

"Thanks, by the way." you said after realizing you were still holding the boy's hand. You drew it from his grip, already missing the way he had gently held your hand and the warmth it gave off.

The boy nodded with a kind smile. "Anytime."

You turned back to the movie, and hoped the jump scares wouldn't scare you as badly. As much as you wanted to hold his hand again, you didn't want to rely on him to keep you grounded. Once was embarrassing enough. Imagine having to do it twice.

But no such luck. Jump scares really were not your thing. Another one popped up and you found yourself shutting your eyes and clenching your fists, feeling your face pull into a hard grimace.

"Hey," the boy's gentle whisper broke the silence. "Hey, sweetheart, it's okay."

He gently held your hand, prying your fingers apart and intertwining his hand with yours. You opened your eyes, but pulled your legs up on the seat, wrapping your free arm around them.

"We can leave, if you want." he suggested.

You shook your head. "I don't want you to miss anything. Or--"

The boy shook his head. "Nah, I wouldn't be missing much. I'd much rather know that a cute girl is happy and not scared out of her mind."

"You must really charm your way out of things, huh?" you joked.

The boy only grinned in response. "So, what do you say? Ditch the movie? And I can take you on a real date?"

"Oh, you clever boy." you laughed quietly. "I don't even know why I decided to stay here this long anyway. I could've left as soon as the movie started."

"But aren't you glad you didn't?"

"Hmm, you tell me." you grinned, standing up and dragging him out of the showing room. "Come on then, where are we going for our date?"

"You're actually agreeing?" the boy stumbled after you in surprise. "Oh--fuck--uh, I didn't expect to make it this far. How about we see a different movie?"

"Why not? I think I saw a new DC movie outside that looked interesting."

"I'm Lew, by the way." the boy introduced himself as you made your way to a different showing room. "But if you want, you can call me Chuckler like my friends do." he added.

"I'm (Y/N). No nickname to accompany it."

"How does sweetheart sound to you?"

You smiled into your hand, your face growing pink. "Ever the flirt. Let's wait until the end of this date to see how sweetheart sounds, okay?"

"Sounds good to me." Chuckler grinned, reaching for your hand again.

His hand fit perfectly with yours, you thought.