Interview: Cursed pt.5

JACK: Is there anything you have learned to do on set that you will be able to do for a lifetime?

DANIEL:You know, I learned several strange new skills on this path. One of the things I did while playing this character was going to Scotland and foraging, that is, living outside the country in search of food like berries, nuts, mushrooms that you can eat. My character is incredibly self-sufficient and is capable of living outside the city center, in the countryside, and I wanted to understand what it felt like to be in the middle of nowhere and live without any food resource. This is the thing I will remember. A woman taught me what I can and what I cannot eat, and it was a very nice thing to learn. It is a skill that I will always have ... I mean I have already forgotten almost everything, but at that moment I really thought I could live in the wasteland of Scotland.

JACK: You know, everyone told me they learned to ride a horse ... but you can live in the wilderness!

DANIEL: I know, exactly, I thought it was an important thing to learn.

JACK: One of the main themes of the series is the thin line that divides a curse from a gift. How do you view your work as actors in this perspective? Is it more a curse or a gift?

DANIEL: The thing you need to understand is the emotionality of an actor, even if it's really interesting to watch. It is absolutely a nightmare to live with ... I mean, who has to live with me has to endure things like seeing me cry all the time, being melodramatic all the time and all these things here. They are fine if they ask you to do it, but God! you would never want to live with someone like that. My brother would say it's a nightmare to live with an actor. It is very nice to be an emotionally open human being, but I can never get things done. Even the simplest tasks, everyday tasks like doing the dishes: everything is an emotional journey. It is tiring and irritating to live with it.

JACK: Cursed is the reinterpretation of the legend of King Arthur from Nimue's point of view. But what other story would you like to deepen from the perspective of a secondary character, if you could?

DANIEL: It's a very interesting question. I would like to know more about ... Let's see, this is an English answer: growing up there were different things that we in England looked at, very strange, very bizarre things. There was a show called Movement on TV ... In fact, do you know who I'd like to know more about? You don't have it in America: it's Pingu. Pingu is a small penguin who lives in Antarctica and is a show that I watched growing up in England. I would do a whole show on Pingu, because let me tell you, when I was a child Pingu was ... (Daniel makes a gesture to understand that he was very popular).

Source: https://danielsharman.it