Interview: Cursed pt.6

What was your favorite location among those where you shot?

Daniel Sharman: For me, the best thing is to be back home. I come from England and it is where I grew up. I haven't been home in the past five or six years. I didn't think England could be so beautiful, despite the fact that I thought I had seen it all before. There is something special about shooting in your hometown and rediscovering it. Also, going back to your mom's kitchen is a big plus, I have to be honest.

When you read the script for the first time, what did you think of this reinterpretation of the legend of King Arthur?

Daniel Sharman: Well, I was interested in finding out why they wanted to tell this story again and how it was meant to be. I spoke to Tom and we talked about what he wanted to achieve with Cursed, the surprising point of view from which he saw the story. I was very impressed with his version, and I thought it appropriate to tell this story now. He told me he wanted to tell a story that his daughter could interpret as a way to be a hero in her life. I have a younger sister, who has just turned 10 and she is a warrior, being able to give her a model to follow was really nice.

Your character is incredibly mysterious, and has a big bow from the beginning of the season to the end. How did you prepare yourself?

Daniel Sharman: That was the challenge. It was an inner journey, playing it for ten episodes. My intention was to play him going all the way, but without showing too much of him, but if you watch the season more than once, you will notice that there are moments of ups and downs in him. I liked the challenge of maybe having two or three scenes per episode, but still having to tell a great storyline about this character.

What attracted you initially to the Weeping Monk?

Daniel Sharman: The story Tom told me and the surprising discovery of his true identity in the tenth episode allowed me to understand the idea of ​​how someone could become the Weeping Monk. I am a fanatic of these things: I love to enter the minds of problematic people and find out what triggers them. It didn't take long to realize that he was interested in the role. In addition to the fact that I look very cool with a cape and a sword, I was really intrigued by the idea of ​​giving humanity to this person and finding out how he got there. This is always the stimulating part. The more frightening a villain is, the more evil he is ... it is up to you to make him as comprehensible and human as possible. This is what I wanted to do.

What scenes are you looking forward to people seeing?

Daniel Sharman: The latest episode is the culmination of his internal battle, and it's the moment when you find out who the Weeping Monk really is. I think it's nice that it takes a long time to get there. You have to get to the end to find out what happens to him and what his internal conflicts are. I like to make people wait and get them excited about something before they are surprised.

Have you ever worked with so much eyeliner on before?

Daniel Sharman: I know, I look like a member of an 80's glam-rock band! The reason is that there were signs behind that trick. Sooner or later you will find out what those signs are and why they are there. When I was made up for the first time, I looked very much like a member of AC / DC, but we worked on it. At the end of the day, they didn't always manage to take it all off and I went home at 3 in the morning with a little more makeup. I have to admit it, I liked it. I kept it on for several days ... maybe I'll start a new trend, I don't know.

Source: https://danielsharman.it