Short Intermezzos with Characters' Q&As

After what happened in the seventh chapter, you deserve to have some fun. Here, my treat. 

1.

Moira was nervous about whether she was a good story-teller, but that was her insecurity speaking. 

"If you could be an animal for a day, what would you be and where would you live?" the teenager was asked by one of the elementary schoolers at the local library. 

"Oh boy, so many cute critters to choose from! Probably a squirrel, though. I'd love to observe the world around me and what's more ideal than climbing a tree to do so?" 

2. 

Neesa was doing her cheerleader practice when her friend randomly asked this:

"If you can never cheer again, what other activity would you pursue?"

"That's easy. I would do synchronized swimming  and become so good at it." 

3. 

Kenta had been anonymously writing to a rock band member, who liked his letter enough to ask him fun questions, such as this:

"Why is an orange called an orange?" the band member quizzed him. 

"That, my friend, would be to ask if the chickens come before the eggs," the PhD candidate wrote back. "Does it matter? Just make oyako donburi." 

"What's that?"

"Basically what my people call the mother and child rice bowl." 

4. 

A semester before he would defend his dissertation along with his boyfriend, Johan was doing his rounds at the dormitory when his research advisor sent a non-academic email. 

"Tell me two truths and one lie."

"I am dumb, sugar is sweet, you are annoying."

"Where is the lie, though, my young friend?"

"There's none." 

5. 

Nardho was cleaning his ukulele when his mom came up with an idea to know her son better, albeit through asking impossible scenarios. The two were always like that, though, no harm intended. 

"If you have to choose between you dying or your sister dying, what would it be?"

"Mary protects me! Mom, that's absurd." 

"You're my favorite."

"Don't tell her." 

6.

Nardhia was shopping for eye shadows when a little girl approached her.

"When I grow up, I want to be a goddess! You are one, right?" 

"I think goddesses want to be mortal, kiddo." 

7. 

Once upon a time, when Vannie was first starting out at the circulation desk, a grandfather and his grandson asked her what her book recommendation would be for a seven-years-old boy. 

"That's kind of you for wanting to read to your grandson, sir. But to know someone you have to walk a mile in his shoes and crawl on his skin. Spend a day with your grandson through his eyes and the answer shall present itself."

"So, you recommend To Killl A Mockingbird? That's so ancient, you must be well read."

"Don't stop there, though. Read Maya Angelou, read Toni Morrison. Good luck." 

Here is an alternative cover @Shreya_ VA made and I think Moira looks very beautiful here.