Chapter 10: Heartbreak Weather.

[ There in the moment, I was reminded,
I haven't felt this way in a while ]

---

      Tonight is the first show to kick off tour. I've slightly curled my hair and am wearing a striped shirt with black, ripped jeans. I've thrown on a jean cardigan over it and paired it with my white Vans.

 I've thrown on a jean cardigan over it and paired it with my white Vans

      We've arrived to Allianz Stadium where mobs of fans wait to go in. We park in the back, ready to go in for soundcheck and VIP. James hands me a working pass before Paul guides us backstage. I turn on my camera and make sure that I have a new SD card inserted. Eventually, they take me to the VIP section to start setting up. 

      A simple screen with 'ONE DIRECTION' written all over it is already set up. I set my camera on the tripod and pack away my case of SD cards securely in my bag as I listen to the boys' soundcheck. 

      About 20 minutes later, the boys come in smiling with water bottles in hand. Niall comes up to me and hands me one, "Excited?" He asks with a large smile. 

      I take the water bottle, "More nervous. Thanks." I place the water on the small table beside me. 

      "Why are you nervous?" He asks taking a long sip. 

      I shrug, "First day jitters." Niall nods, understanding. 

      "I'm sure you'll be great." 

      I smile in response, "FIVE MINUTES UNTIL MEET-N-GREET!" Somebody calls, pretty sure it was Paul. Niall puts his half empty water beside mine and the rest of the boys' and goes to stand next to the rest of them. He notices my nervousness and gives me a thumbs up with a large smile. I giggle in response as Paul pokes his head in. "Ready?" He asks us all. 

      Paul pulls back the curtain and a fan walks in. She almost cries and runs up to the boys. They all embrace her in a group hug, which makes my heart melt. They exchange a quick conversation and pose in front of the camera. I snap a photo of them and hand her a card so she can get her photo online.  

      After a few fans, they call for a water break. The boys drink their water, along with me, and Niall smiles. "See? I told you! You're doing great!" He says. 

      "Thank you, Niall."  I say. They get back into position ready for the next fan to come in.

---

      As the meet-and-greet ends, Harry sighs of relief as I switch SD cards before I forget. "As much as I love them, they tire me out." The boys and I chuckle while getting our things and going backstage waiting for the show to start. 

      I unplug the camera from charging and stuff the charger into my bag. I look up after putting the strap of the camera around my neck and letting it hang. Niall has his guitar on and is pacing back and forth. I get up and walk over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder, stopping his actions. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask him as he looks at me. 

      "First day jitters." He says making me roll my eyes playfully. 

      "Well, you get them pretty bad." 

      "How do you get over them?" He asks desperately. I glance at the other boys, seeing them get ready. I look back to Niall with a small smile. 

      "Only the best way. Start by shaking one foot." I demonstrate. He gives me a 'seriously?' look. "Come on." He sighs, but does it anyways. "Switch." He follows my lead with a smile. "Now one hand." I stop shaking my feet and shake my hand, him following. "Then switch." I do the other hand and stop. "Now take a deep breath." I breathe with him. "You got this. I'll be right in front of you." I say. 

      "Boys! You're up in 5!" Niall smiles. 

      "You're the best!" He says, running off with the rest of the band. Paul leads me to the front of the stage and shows me the side where the stairs are to get up on stage. Niall looks my way from under the stage. I give him a large smile and a thumbs up. He chuckles and the screams are heard more louder. Like I've said before, I love my job.

------

[ Heartbreak Weather - Niall Horan ]

------

A/N:

A little inspiration story behind Emily; I honestly based the character off of me and my personal traits and family with a little twists to it because I thought of this book a few days before the anniversary, and, I'm always having dreams about them, so, I thought that it'd be cool.

P.S. When Emily said "Thank you, Niall." I literally imagined Louis saying it.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] Thanks for 144 reads! Means a lot. I'm sending lots of virtual hugs!!!