Chapter 43: Talk.

[Can't we just talk?
Talk about where we're goin' before we get lost]

      "You wanted to see me?" James turns and nods. He waves his hands motioning me to come in. 

      "Yeah, come in." I close the door behind me and take a seat on the couch. He puts a laptop in front of me and I see Mr. King on the other side. 

      "Ah, Emily!" He greets. 

      "Hello, Mr. King." I slightly smile with a wave. 

      "Okay, I'm going to get to the point. You have a new band to be a photographer for." 

      I feel my breath hitch, "Wha- What?" Mr. King nods. 

      "Yeah, isn't it great?" Mr. King is beaming with pride. 

      "I-" 

      "They really liked the relationship you had with the boys and the photos you took, they really wanted you to work for them." He explains. I don't want to work for another band. "So, what do you say?" What do I say? I don't want to leave the boys. They're my friends. 

      "I-I don't know." Mr. King furrows his eyebrows. 

      "Excuse me?" I see James look at me hopefully. 

      "I don't know Mr. King. Yes, it's an amazing opportunity, but I can't leave the boys now. It's like we're family." I say with my heart beating rapidly. 

      "You work for them, Emily. You don't become a family." 

      "You said that we were all family." I say back. By now my blood was starting to boil. "Mr. King. I'm sorry, but I don't want to leave them. Not now." Mr. King changes his position and leans onto his arms on the desk. 

      "Tell you what. Sleep on it. I will call back tomorrow and discuss more about it. Okay?" 

      I shake my head, "I already know my answer is going to be 'no', sir." I say. Mr. King shakes his head and wags his finger. 

      "You say that now, but your choice might change. You have until tomorrow to think about it." 

      Mr. King hangs up the call. I move the laptop to the side and place my head in my hands. "Emily, if you want to, you can go with the other band." I hear James say as I feel the seat beside me sink. 

      "I just don't want to, James." I reply quietly. 

      "Think of the agency..." James trails off. 

      "But thanks to that agency, I met you and the boys and this has been the best year of my life. James, I can't leave." I look up and see him give a sad smile. 

      "Think about it. Okay? If you do take it, I'm sure the boys and I will support you no matter what. You're always going to be part of the family." I sigh and nod. 

      "Okay."

      I walk out of the small room of the stadium and let out a long sigh. "Hey, there you are!" I hear the familiar Irish voice say from the other side of the hall. 

      "Here I am." I smile lightly as he jogs up to me. 

      "What's wrong?" He asks. 

      I shake my head, "Nothing." He wraps an arm around my shoulders as I wrap mine around his waist. He talks about to something, but it goes through one ear and out the other.

      How am I supposed to tell Niall if I do accept the job? The boys, to add to that. I can't leave them. Especially because of Niall and I's relationship. I don't know how to work long distance. All of my relationships have lasted no more than six months. I was never good at commitment. I don't even think I want to accept the job. If I'm going to travel the world, it's going to be with these boys, no one else. UGH! This is so frustrating!

---

      After the show, Niall laid on my lap as I sat up against the headboard. I ran my fingers through his hair while he watched a game that was on TV. What if I did accept the job? It would be better for the agency, but would it be better for me?

      "No! He shouldn't have done that!" Niall rants about the game while I kept my focus on the wall staring into space. This is the toughest decision I've ever had to make. Thinking about being the photographer for One Direction wasn't even this hard. 

      "Babe." I divert my attention down to Niall. "You okay?" 

      I nod, "Yeah, yeah. Completely fine." I lie. 

      "No you're not." Dammit. "Talk to me." Niall sits up onto his side and faces me. 

      "I..." I sigh and look up. This stupid offer is bugging the hell out of me. I don't want to leave. Not when I have Niall and have been the happiest. "It's nothing." I sigh out. 

      "It's not nothing if it's bothering you. C'mon, tell me." I mentally groan. I don't think it's a good idea if I tell him because I'm most likely going to say no. But, what if I don't? 

      "Let's say that I was offered a new job..." I say looking into his ocean eyes. 

      "Okay..." 

      "What would you think about it?" I ask setting my hands in my lap. 

      "It depends on the job." 

      "Theoretically speaking, it would involve me leaving this job to work for someone else." Niall sighs. 

      "Is that what you're worried about?"

      I slump my shoulders and nod, "Theoretically speaking, I would support you no matter what you decide. And, theoretically speaking, I think you are too stressed out about it." Niall leans up and kisses me passionately. I smile into the kiss as he begins to get up and hover over me. "I think you need to relax." He mumbles against my lips and began to kiss my cheek, the jaw, and then neck.

------

[Talk - Khalid]

------

A/N:

HA! YOU GUYS ACTUALLY THOUGHT I WAS GONNA WRITE ANOTHER SMUT! HA, HELL NO

Me writing Temporary Fix, Small Talk, and Fallin' All In You was hell, okay? It took me waaaaaay too long to write them and yeah no. We're not going down that rout again.

What do you think Emily is gonna do about the job???????????

AND PLEASE COMMENT THIS TIME (BESIDES YOU, YOMARA)  

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx