A 'Pregnant' Pause😱

Aniruddh's POV:

My lady seems to be in no mood of forgiving me...

I spent most of my evening with Harshita and Shilpa....one is a businesswoman and other is a Dr from my own hospital...

I have also known Shilpa as she was Siya's only buddy other than Aditi and me... They knew what I was going through and were trying to cheer me up...

Thankfully they believe me that I am not a scoundrel or a cheat like how Vish thinks me like...we spent most of our time drinking and discussing about Mangalore, food and travelling...

I was in no mood to stay at the party but I noted Vish was most of the time with Siya's far off cousin Pratheek ...that bloody asshole trying to behave all nice and innocent with women but his truth is all he wants is to get laid!!!

Knowing his cheap, double faced disgusting mindset I chose to stay back.

In a little while I noticed Vish walking outside the pub...I also excused myself to follow her....but I saw her pause and try to sneak in trying to see something...

The curious me followed her.

I stood behind the side wall of the outskirts of pub to notice what was she watching so keen...

I froze...

I saw Raghav was involved in an argument with a lady ...

I wanted to watch closely when Vish pulled me back...

She tried to speak in a hush hush way...

She whispered...

'What the hell are you trying to do Dr Aniruddh...'

'Exactly... what you were trying to.... trying to listen'

She pointed her finger to say something then kept quiet glaring at me...

Just then we heard that lady shout loudly...

'I need go to speak to your wife Raghav...'

And then we saw Raghav was trying to push her to the nearby .... Try to hush her...but she was so loud that er heard her...

We tried to follow them...

Then we heard Raghav trying to convince her to leave...

While I was surprised who she was...Vish told me she was Raghav's psycho one sided lover Vedika...

I mean I had heard about obsessive girlfriends in books and movies... But this was the first time I was seeing someone involved personally...

She nowhere looked crazy or lunatic case...she had worn a blue long dress, with decent make up...she was tall and beautiful... But she looked really worried...

Then we tried to listen to what they were speaking...I know eavesdropping isn't a decent thing to do for two reputed Gynaecologists but we were worried for Siya and Raghav...

Soon we saw and her the unthinkable...

R: Please leave Vedika... Why are you creating a scene.

V: Seriously Raghav??? Is this what you will try to explain me....that now when I am in this condition...

What condition??? We wondered...

R: Seriously Vedika you think I'll take that crap from you???

V: You must Raghav...I have proof...

R: Seriously Vedika??? Just stop this nonsense...

V: You were drunk that night!!! You weren't in your senses...

R: I kissed my wife that night!!! You really think I lost my senses??? You are crazy woman. I can never do that!

V: You were high Raghav... You were with me for that one hour... We literally were lost in each other...this happened and no one can deny the truth...

R: Vedika please... I'm not a male prostitute to sleep with you for an hour...

Sleep with her??? What the fuck!!!

V: You cannot deny truth Raghav... I knew you will talk shit that's the reason I came here today... I have to proofs Raghav!

That's it ...and Vish lost it...

Vish went out screaming....

'Raghav What the he is this woman barking??? She is pregnant??? With your baby ??? What the actual fuck is happening???'

While Raghav came running to Vish saying...

'Vish listen to me....she is talking rubbish... I did not do anything!!!'

While that lady started screaming...

'You think I'm lying Vishakha... You are a doctor right??? You can read these reports I am pregnant!!! And this is Raghav's baby...'

Vish froze...

Raghav tried to explain and convince Vish that he didn't do anything...he was innocent...

That's when I decided to speak out...

'Wait a minute... Hi I'm Dr Aniruddh... Raghav's friend... Can I see your report and check upon you please' I said and she nodded.

I looked at her reports and I didn't need to check her any further
..

She had a paternity test report!!!

Report was prepped by my own assistant from MMC Hospital... Dr Chetan.

And I knew Dr Chetan knew his job well.

While Raghav yelled...

'How the hell did you get my blood sample'

To which she said...

'Remember you donated blood a week ago...I got your sample collected then!!! My friend is a junior doctor in MMC hospital... he helped

I saw Vish in tears and yelling at both Raghav and Vedika...

While I tried to calm her down...

' You have no idea Ani...this news will break our family...and Siya Vanni... man she is a gem...this idiot...this....he never thought once'

Raghav started screaming...

'Im innocent Vish... It's her cunning game .. she's a fox .. you know her...stop this bloody drama Vedika please...My life is settling down don't mess it up....i already have enough of my own...And Vish come on...just anyone will come and tell me it's my baby or what... what crap'

He was screaming...

Just then we saw Raghav freeze....

'Siya'

He gasped

And then we turned around to see ...

Siya was standing there like a stone!!!

We didn't know what to say....

There was a pregnant pause!!!