TWO - Long Lost Friend

It's Shane

It's Shane.

He's been present in my life since we were three. He, Wayne, and I were together all the time until the end of high school. Even with different colleges for each of us, we were able to keep in touch, having sleepovers and a few nights out.

But since I started dating John, we slowly grew apart. They didn't accept him into our little group and to be honest, John didn't even try, he was always jealous of our strong connection.

I haven't seen him in almost two years.

God, it's good to see him again!

He looks slightly different from afar, definitely broader than the last time I saw him. It gives him a manly look instead of the boyishness he always rocked. His coppery red hair is shorter on the sides and longer on top, falling messily onto his face. His chocolate brown eyes stand out from his red hair and they seem to shine even brighter the moment they lock with mine.

He's accompanied by a group of five people and it doesn't surprise me. He's always been the opposite of me. While I prefer small groups of people, for him, the more the merrier.

He is the king of every party he attends!

I'm met with a few shocked faces. Not only from around me but also from his little group. Probably because I just called him a fucker.

I'd be embarrassed if I cared but I don't, so I just head over to him, ignoring how their expressions change after the initial shock. The other two guys at the table look curious while the girls' faces turn into scowls right away.

One of the guys catches my attention, though. He was on the opposite side of the table, completely facing me. This one is by far the hottest at the table but he also has a darker vibe to him. He seems like the type of man that holds a world full of secrets.

His sandalwood skin is covered in tattoos — except for his handsome face. The hair is long and black, falling in wild waves and almost reaching his shoulders. It would be freaking sexy if it were in a bun but he rocks it just as good this way. The eyes are what kill me, the deep ocean and electrifying blue eyes. I would fuck that in a heartbeat if-

"No way, you're back?" Shane's voice brings me back to reality. I look at him and he greets me with a wide smile.

We hug tight. It reminds me of simple times and makes me feel like I am home — which I am but it's different. It's the warmth and the care that hits me when we hug.

"Yeah, for the winter. You know how it is," I answer him. I look back at the table and damn the blue eyes are still pinned on me.

"Triple date I see," I say, grinning after I softly get out of his embrace.

"Ah, don't be mean, Fathead," Shane grins.

As a result of calling me that, it earns him a playful punch in the gut.