SEVENTEEN - Just Friends

"Hey Shane, I am here to talk to Mel

"Hey Shane, I am here to talk to Mel." His deep voice answers in a calm but cold tone.

Hearing his voice only confirms my suspicions and as soon as I turn the corner my eyes confirm what my ears had just heard. I never thought in a million years the bad boy "I don't do relationships" would be knocking on my door not even twenty-four hours after fucking me. But I guess I'm wrong, again...

"I don't think she'll want to talk to you." Shane starts but I clear my throat preventing him to continue whatever he was about to say.

They are friends, why the hell are they being hostile with each other??

"Shane," I warn him.

He knows very well I need to talk to Luca as much as I needed to talk to him before. I just didn't expect to have to do it on the same fucking day.

"Fine." He huffs. "But just so you know, she deserves much more than being just a booty call. She deserves much more than you."

With that last statement, Shane heads for his room and leaves Luca and me alone. We look at each other in silence for a couple of minutes before he clears his throat and sits down on the sofa.

"I was always the one who sneaks out before the other one wakes, not the one who wakes up alone." He simply states. "Now I know why women call me an asshole so often." He chuckles.

I just roll my eyes before closing the door behind him.

"I wasn't expecting you... at all Luca." I state while we both sit in the living room, in front of each other.

"I came here to tell you that even though we hooked up I don't want us to become strangers. I would like for us to stay friends."

His words still me. He's accused me of stalking, he's not very trusting with other people - and I have no idea why - and now he wants to be friends? Why?

For the duration of my silence, his eyes bore into mine. His gaze is always so intense like he's trying to read into my soul, to try and find the deepest of the secrets.

Secrets I don't really have.

What is he looking for? What does he want from me?

"And how do you intend to do that? I've been accused of stalking without even doing it. Now that we've fucked, you'll call me obsessed every time we cross paths on the street or something." I shrug, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Well, that's exactly what I want to avoid Mel. I like your personality, and we share friends and acquaintances. It's only right if we get along don't you think?"

I stare into his ocean eyes, searching for something that tells me he's not bullshitting me, or something else but I see an inner war. It's like white lightning is storming in his eyes and I can't fully understand what is that that he's raging inside but I can sense the honesty in his words.