Epilogue

"So," you ask, taking your seat in the rickety old chairs around the dining table, scanning your new family, "What's the first thing you guys are gonna do now that you're free?" The room is quiet for a moment as the slashers think to themselves.

"I know exactly what I'm gonna do!" Danny smiled widely, "I can't wait to stalk around a little. I've been dying to make some phone calls, take a few photos-" Danny cut himself off, clearing his throat as he realizes you most likely don't want to hear about him killing. After all, you're the reason more people will be losing their lives. "I'm going to sleep on a real bed!" he corrected, and you smiled, nodding your head. You don't regret letting the slashers free, even if they will continue with their killings. As bad as it is to not care about the lives they'll take, you're happy that they're happy.

"I want to take a walk in the forest!" Brahms says, staring dreamily out the window. "I never quite liked the outdoors... but I think I want to start liking them." he stares around the table, and his gaze settles on you. He has a childlike wonder, a pure sort of glee in his green eyes. He's never been out of his old home or the asylum. You are proud of him for not being as afraid as you would be if you were in his shoes.

"I want to make real food. Good food." Hannibal says with a smile, rolling his eyes. "That asylum slop was the worst thing about the wretched place."

"I feel like I could sleep for years." that new voice you still aren't used to grumbles, and you turn to Michael. He stares down at the tabletop, seemingly embarrassed to be speaking. "I used to never sleep but I'm exhausted." Michael was showing the ultimate sign of trust- both his face and his voice- and you felt your heart warm at the thought of it. He really cared for everyone here. When you first started working at the asylum you weren't even sure that was possible. You had been told he was void of sense and emotion, but you could see now that he was anything but.

"Once the last of that shitty shock therapy bullshit wears off, I'm going straight to my Dream World for a while." Freddy grumbles, thrumming his bladed fingers on the tabletop and staring off into space. "The real world is shit." he glances over at you, but you don't detect a hint of hostility in his warm gaze. He isn't angry at you, you figure, relief swimming through your stomach at the thought.

"I'm sure Vinny 'ere just can't wait to get to his painting'. And me?" Bo hums, and Vincent nods in agreement, anticipated to indulge in some sort of arts and crafts, "I think I just want to relax with a beer." he chuckles, "If there's ever any time for relaxin'. If this place is permanent, then I ain't too sure we can relax for a long while."

"That brings us to a whole new topic." Hannibal cuts in, shooting an apologetic glance at Bubba and Thomas, who didn't have a turn to speak. Both of them just nod their heads in a motion to continue. "I think this would be a spectacular place to start our new lives. It needs some fixing up, but we can do that."

"I'm afraid I have to skip back to Glen Echo." Leslie piped up from his seat, "I have work to finish up there, and even though I had this little hiccup I should go back and finish it." he stood from his seat.

"You're leaving now?" Danny gawked, standing up as well, "But... but... but..." he stuttered, Leslie chuckling at his loss for words.

"I'll never forget that you actually know who I am, Jed!" Leslie beams at Danny, who seems to be bubbling with pride. Jed was his false name, the name he lived under before he was discovered.

"And I'll never forget that I got to meet the Leslie Vernon! You go slash some bitches for me, will you? I'll be keeping an eye on the papers!" Danny watched as Leslie bid farewell to the rest of the group, proceeding to the front door and slipping out into the night. Danny sat back down with a sigh. For a moment, everything is silent.

"Is anyone else needed elsewhere? Is anyone else leaving?" Hannibal's voice is quiet as he speaks, his even gaze raking across each and every one of you. You had done plenty of thinking upon whether to leave or not. You had nothing back home, but you also wanted to continue with your life and your dreams. You were stuck.

"Y-Yes." Norman stands slowly from his seat. "I-I have to g-get b-back to the m-motel. M-My m-mother's g-grave is t-there." his face is red, sad and embarrassed. Hannibal stands up, holding out a hand. Norman takes it.

"You'll always have a place with us, Mr. Bates. You can come and visit anytime." Hannibal and Norman were always good friends, two of the first in the asylum. They had known each other for years and years. "You will be missed."

"T-Thank y-you, Hannibal- uh, Dr. L-Lecter." Norman takes his hand away and turns back to the table, then to you. "I-I will m-miss you, (Y/N)." he says, "I'll m-miss a-all of you." You can't help but go to Norman, wrapping your arms around him again.

"Goodbye, Norman." a melancholic tone settles over the room as Norman starts towards the door. "Safe travels!" the door opens, and shuts, and Norman is gone.

"We can all take a day to recover." Hannibal's voice is plagued by a deep-rooted sorrow, and one glance at his face showed the hardship of the last day in every feature of his place. He, like everyone else, was exhausted. You all needed rest. Just like that, the table broke up, and everyone made their ways to different rooms in search of a place to sleep. From what you had seen, you could guess the entire house was furnished with old, decaying items, but that was better than nothing. You, too, needed sleep desperately, and made your way to the living room, collapsing on the couch. As you hit the cushions, puffs of smoke sprang up from them, ripping a coughing fit from your throat. After it passed, you snuggled into the old cushions as best you could. It was nothing like a real bed or a couch that was in good condition, but it was something, that's for sure, and you could sleep on anything right now. Your mind returned to the dilemma at hand. You weren't sure whether you should stay or whether you should leave. You had found a home here. Family. But you didn't know if you could live a life in secret, without the city and people and a job. You loved these people, and they loved you, too. You fit right in here, with them- and now that you had killed, they didn't feel so crazy to you. 

Or maybe, you were just as crazy as them.

(A/N): And that's a wrap! Oh my god, I LOVED this story. It was so much fun to write! A little bit of a boring end to the story, but I wanted something sort of mundane. Also, this house that they're in now is the same house as the next book- wowie, some referencing! Norman is gone (sad) and Leslie is gone (sad) but they're not in the next story, so it makes sense. I'll miss writing Norman, and he'll definitely be back in the future, but I just wanted to cycle in some other slashers to spice up my writing and change things a little. 

I hope you guys liked this story, because I know I did. Who was your favourite slasher? And your favourite part? I'm curious for your feedback and I want to thank you all again for reading this! 

Anyways, I'll try to get a prologue for my next story (Or at least a chapter to explain all the characters, especially the new ones) tonight, since I'm going to be out of town for the week and a half afterwards. I'll still try to post, but I don't know if I'll be able to. 

Thanks so much for enjoying this with me!

Stay tuned for the next book, and stay awesome <3