three. HOME OF THE SPARTANS

Saw you standing on the corner of the street
You got your own style with the way that you're moving

Saw you standing on the corner of the streetYou got your own style with the way that you're moving

"So how small is this school?"

The three Swans sat around the small circular wooden table next to the kitchen, Bella fidgeting with her sleeves, Charlie groaning as he leant down to tie his laces and Carmen gorging on coffee.

"Small enough to make yourself known pretty quickly," Charlie replied,

"Just my type," Carmen stated as she stared confused at the empty mug before gliding across the creaking floorboards for a refill. "Don't you think you've had enough of that?" Charlie asked the love-struck Carmen. She looked back at him as though he had told her to go kiss a wolf, to which he sighed with his arms up in defeat.

"I'm off, you girls right for getting to school?" the girls nodded with small smiles, Charlie leant down to kiss the top of Bella's head, "have some fun, Bells" and walked over to the teen inhaling coffee. "Not too much fun Cassie, I don't expect a call from school until at least Tuesday," he said as he kissed her head. "It's a Thursday Dad, I know how to restrain myself".

"you do not!"

🌑

The Swan twins pulled up to Fork's High School, passing a fading red sign; 'home of the Spartans'.

Carmen pulled their beloved red truck to a stop, managing to snag a spot closer to the school despite being slightly behind schedule due to Carmen's wardrobe expedition. Ultimately, she deemed her black cord skirt, black tights, a slightly oversized grey knit jumper and black leather boots acceptable for the first impression. Although she couldn't care less what the tiny school thought, why not make a statement? Plus she finally had an excuse to wear her boots after the sweltering heat of Arizona. 

However, this delay also included a slightly pissed off Bella among its package. So, Carmen wasn't surprised when Bella began to wander off without her.

"Nice ride," a boy leaning against his car said with a hint of sarcasm, prompting the other teens around him to snicker. The only response he received was a roll of her black-lined blue eyes before she strode up the concrete stairs toward the school. She stole a glance at a shiny Volvo, a red Convertible and the white Jeep parked in a row, practically glittering in comparison to the other cheap and run-down vehicles. damn.

The new girl strode through the groups of teens in search of the office, ignoring the curious eyes embedded on her as she passed. "Hey, newbie! You must be...Bella?" some guy said as he draped his arm over her shoulders. "Uh nope, Carmen," she replied uncomfortably. "Oh yeah, that's what I meant, how's it feel to be the shiny new toy?" he asked while glancing at all the impressed eyes, labelling dibs on the new girl.  She shrugged off his arm, "not an object, better luck next time" Carmen said sweetly, immediately contrasted with the disgusted glare directed to the football jacket-clad boy. While the boy stood in slight shock, Carmen spun, her long brown hair flicking his face before she stormed off, mumbling profanities under her breath. First days suck.