Chapter 19

It's been about 2 weeks since my Dad left. I had a great birthday, even though my Dad and Dimitri weren't exactly the best of friends from the beginning. They still aren't but at least they don't hate each other anymore. My Dad had gotten me some nice headphones and some clothes as a birthday gift. I'm very thankful for it, but I still wish he hadn't spent that much money on me. Anyways, Dimitri and I haven't changed much. We still hang out, mostly when I come over to his place and wash my clothes. I gotta admit, sometimes the clothes are not even that dirty. I just want to spend time with him, without seeming too suspicious. Emily and I haven't seen each other much, but when she is at the dorm, we talk and catch up on everything. Her and Harry are doing really good, and I'm happy for her.

I've just stepped inside my dorm after my class today when I hear a knock. Did Emily forget her key again?

I sigh, as I turn around to the door and open it. Right outside my door, is a woman standing.

"Hello?" I ask her, suddenly very confused.

"Hi, Ruby."

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Where the hell did she get my name from?

"I suppose you do. I'm your mother," she states.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm your mother."

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yell at her. All the anger I've build-up through the years comes crashing to the surface in a split second. Where did she even come from?

"I'm here for you," she says, not even flinching at my hard tone.

"You're here for me? You're here for me?!" I ask her laughing, before continuing, "Did you hear that God? She's here for ME!"

"Oh, how I've always wanted you to come and find me," I snarl sarcastically, "And now, here you are. How the hell did you even find me, huh?"

"I spoke with your Dad," she says.

As the words leave her mouth, my entire demeanor fall.

"Dad... Dad knew you were coming here?" I ask her in complete shock.

"He was actually the one telling me you were here."

Silence.

My mind is racing and I can't think straight. Why the hell would my father betray me like that? He knows I want nothing to with her.

"Can we just talk about everything, honey?" My mother asks me.

"Talk? You want to talk? Well, you know what I want? I want you to get the hell out of here - out of my life - just like you've always been. You have no right to just show up! You've been gone for 12 years! You left! You just fucking left and you didn't say a single word about where you were going. Do you know how hard that was for us? For me? For Dad? He had to take care of me, while you just ran off. It makes me sick. You make me sick. I can't- I can't deal with this. I need you to leave right now!"

"Ruby... I'm not leaving until we figure something out," she says calmly, just ignoring my outburst.

"Then, I'm leaving," I say and walk right past her. My legs have never walked faster, and I'm standing outside Dimitri's door only 4 minutes later.

"Dimitri! Please open!" I yell as I knock on his door rapidly.

I can feel tears running down my cheeks, as he finally opens the door.

"What is wrong?" He asks, as soon as he sees my face. I don't answer him - I just stand there looking up at him.

He sighs out loud, as he takes my hand in his and leads me inside. He sits us down on his small couch and pulls me into him. I begin to sob, as I hold onto him as if my life depends on him.