Chapter 30

We wake up 25 minutes later as the alarm goes off.

"Can we not just stay here?" Dimitri groans.

"We can't. I promised her that we'd come back," I tell him and jump out of bed.

I let Dimitri sleep 5 minutes more, as I walk over to his closet. I pull a sweater out and pull it over my tank top. I then pull on my jeans, which I left here some days ago.

"Come on. We need to leave now," I whisper into Dimitri's ear after the 5 minutes are up.

He groans again but gets up nonetheless. He smirks as he sees my attire and walks over to me slowly.

"Nice clothes," he tells me.

"Shut up. I don't have anything else to wear. Now let's go!" I say and pull him out of the door. Together we walk back towards my dorm.

On the way there, Dimitri says, "You know, you could keep some of your clothes at my apartment if you want to."

I look up at him shocked. Is he offering me a drawer in his apartment for my clothes?

When I don't say anything, he quickly says, "It is not like you have to. It was just an offer."

"No, no. I would love to keep some of my clothes there. Are you sure it's alright, though?"

"Positive," he tells me and pulls me into his side.

Finally, we arrive at my dorm and we stop walking. I can't hear any voices from inside, but I knock anyway.

"Come in," a manly voice yells. It must be Jamie.

Dimitri and I slowly walk inside to Emily and Jamie. From here, it looks like they're packing a bag for Emily.

"Hey," I say quietly.

As soon as Emily and I make eye contact, she walks over to me and hugs me. We stand like this for a couple of minutes. I can hear her sniffle into my shoulder, but I don't mind at all.

When we let go of each other, I ask, "So... what have you guys decided?"

There's silence from Emily, so Jamie decides to answer for her. "She's going to rehab," he tells us.

My eyes slowly begin to water, but I know this isn't the time to show weakness. Emily needs someone she can rely on, and I would love to be that person, even if I'm not as strong as I make out to be.

I grab Emily and pull her in for another hug. Here we stand for another couple of minutes before I let her go. I can hear Jamie and Dimitri talking, but I can't make out the words.

"When will you be going?" I ask Emily.

"Tonight. We called a rehabilitation nearby, so you guys can visit often. I mean, that is if you, of course, even want to visit."

"Stop with that nonsense. Of course, I will visit," I tell her.

Emily gives me a grateful smile. The boys soon go out to buy some breakfast for us all, and Emily and I continue to pack her a bag. She will need all of the essentials.

After breakfast, Emily, Jamie, and I spent the rest of the day watching movies. Dimitri had some work to do, so he couldn't join us. It's around 7 PM now, so Emily will have to go soon. Jamie will drive her there and help her settle in. The rest of us, who aren't family can visit her in 3 days. Personally, I think that's too long of a wait, but I understand it.

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" I tell Emily as we say goodbye.

"I'm gonna miss you too. You have to visit as soon as possible," she tells me.

"I will, I will. And I'm gonna bring you all the snacks you want. All of them!"

We laugh at the comment even though our eyes are shining with unshed tears. We use a couple more minutes saying goodbye before she and Jamie drive away. I slowly make my way back into my dorm and look around the room. It feels so empty, even though she hasn't brought all her stuff. I soon feel the reality come crashing down on me, and I start crying. Emily doesn't deserve this happening to her.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Oh shit. That can only be one person now. I quickly try to dry my eyes, as I open the door.

"Have they le-" Dimitri starts, but stops as soon as he sees me. Instead of saying anything, he pulls me into a hug and leads me over to my bed.

"Sshhh," he hushes me and strokes my hair, as I lay in his arms.

"I just don't like seeing her hurting, you know," I tell Dimitri.

"I know, I know," he tells me.

I soon feel my eyes close and I'm fast asleep.