Chapter 25

I sigh, as I continue to look through my closet. I'm desperately trying to find an outfit for the date with Dimitri. He's supposed to pick me up in 30 minutes, and I'm not even close to being ready. Dimitri told me to be comfortable since we're just getting something to eat. I'm kinda happy that we aren't doing something over the top thing. Not that Dimitri would ever be that kinda guy, but you get my point. And another thing, what the hell does comfortable mean? I can't walk around in my pajamas, can I?

I sigh again, as I take my black jeans out. They aren't the most comfortable, but they can do. I decide to take a simple white tee on and tuck it into my pants. I grab my long, beige cashmere cardigan and put it on. That'll do, right? The cardigan is one of my most expensive piece of clothing. I got it as a birthday present 2 years ago, but I haven't used it much, so it's basically new.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I jump up, as Dimitri aggressively knocks on the door.

"Hi," I tell him as I open the door fully.

"You ready?"

"Yup, just give me a second to gather my things."

After I've gathered my things, we head out. When we get out to the parking lot, I ask Dimitri, shocked, "You got a car?!"

"Oh, yes I did. I also got a job 20 minutes from here, hence the car. Need to get there somehow," he answers me nonchalantly.

"You got a job and a car? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him, still in shock.

"I did not think you cared to be honest," he shrugs.

"Well, I do."

I make my way over to the shiny, black mustang. How the hell could he afford this?

"I bought it used, so I saved some money," Dimitri tells me as if he can read my mind.

"You're crazy," I grin as I turn to face him. A small smirk makes its way onto his face, as he walks over to the car.

"So are you gonna stand here all day, or are you actually going to get in the car?" He asks me, his patience running thin.

I quickly situate myself into his nice car. The seats are made of leather and are a matt-black color.

Dimitri gets into the car himself and begins to drive. About 7 minutes later we're at a restaurant I don't recognize.

"Come on," Dimitri says as he gets out of the car. I make my way out to him and together we walk into the restaurant.

The waitress shows us to our table after Dimitri tells her the information on his reservation.

"What do you wanna get?" He asks me, as we look over the menu.

"I'm not quite sure. Either spaghetti or lasagna. What are you getting?" I ask him.

"I think I will go for the fried rice. And you should get the spaghetti. It is delicious here," he tells me light-hearted.

I honestly don't think I'll ever get used to the not-cranky Dimitri. He's showing affection and he cares - it's so weird. But I am definitely not complaining.

As we wait for our dinner, I ask him playfully, "How can you afford an apartment and a car as a college student? What's your secret?"

"I guess, I have just saved some money over the years. It is not like I am rich or anything, I just use my money smart," he tells me honestly.

"Yes, I've come to learn that you are a very smart guy," I joke, smiling to myself.

He gives me a sincere smile, but we get interrupted by the waitress bringing us our food. Dimitri was right; this spaghetti does look delicious.