3

Edited

The knocking on my door woke me up from my deep slumber. "Come in." I gave my permission for whoever was outside to enter. Whereas I sat on the bed, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, and yawned.

I heard a chuckle and looked in front of me, only to find Nancy smiling at me. I looked down, feeling embarrassed. "I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready."

"I will be down there in a few minutes." Just after Nancy left, I hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen myself up a little. Splashing water on my face, I looked up at the round mirror, which reflected my image. I saw a girl who was an exact copy of me but was so different from who I used to be. Even when we looked exactly the same, I knew she wasn't the girl I used to be. The girl whose dad left behind So much has changed in these years that I feel as if I have lost myself somewhere. I knew I had lost myself.

"She sat in a corner of her dark bedroom. The lights were off, and several things were scattered all around the room. A mess has been created by her. Silent tears ran down her face. Hairs gripped her hand. Pulling on it.

She tried to stay silent just so that her mother, who was sleeping peacefully in the room next to hers, wouldn't wake up. She didn't want her mother to see her like this. No! Never would she allow her mother to see this side of her daughter. She would die inside seeing this state of her only child. She was barely hanging by a thin thread after her father left them. But still, a part of her wanted nothing more than to be embraced by her.

She wished to tell her everything that was happening with her. She wanted nothing more than to tell her how much this cruel world had made her suffer. I wanted to hear her soothing voice. She needed her mother to protect her sanity before she lost it once and for all. But she thought it was selfish. It was she who took this upon herself. And she is the one who should fight her own battles. "But I'm weak, mom. I'm so weak." She kept mumbling. And stayed inside her bedroom, whimpering as her body shook with yet another panic attack.

.............

She held on to the counter so tightly that her knuckles had turned white. Not wanting to hurt herself anymore from the memories, she went out of the bathroom. Leaving her brown medium-length hair down, I stepped out of my room, but I soon came to realize that I didn't know the way to the dining room.

Knowing that it must be downstairs, she started walking past her stepbrothers' rooms that were in the same hallway. "Oh, I just hope they are nice, just like Nancy." She thought while looking down, noticing that her left shoe laces were undone. Bending down, she tied it in a bow shape, just as her mother taught her, and stood up only to jump a couple of steps back.

Standing before her was a boy leaning against the wall, looking directly at her with a look she couldn't comprehend as I looked at him. His brown eyes glared at me as if I had stolen his favorite chocolate. The brown, almost black hair was slightly wavy. He didn't look welcoming at all. Should I talk to him? Perhaps greet him? Or maybe I should just keep quiet and walk past him based on the way he is looking at me.

When the air started getting awkward around us, I decided to speak. "Hey.. Uhm, could you please?" I didn't even get a chance to complete my sentence when he turned around and walked inside the room, shutting the door harshly. I flinched from the loud noise. "Jerk." I mumbled under my breath. He didn't have to be so rude.

There was no reason to be rude to me. I pouted thinking about that and climbed down the stairs. Looking around, I found Mrs. Choi putting some flowers in a vase. And when she saw me, she gave me a warm smile and came toward me. "Y/N, dear, do you want anything?"

I nodded, asking politely. "Could you tell me where the dining room is?" I don't know where to go."

She replied. "Sure dear. Just follow me."

With that being said, she led me toward the room. The door was already opened, so I went inside to see Dad sitting at the head of the table and Nancy placing the dishes on the table. I didn't know where to sit, so I just stood there. Nancy was the first to see me and asked me to sit.

I walked towards the other end of the table, but when I was about to pull the chair, my father spoke, "Y/N, come sit here with me." He pulled the chair to his left side and motioned for me to come forward. Here goes my plan to stay unnoticed.

I sat on the chair that was pulled out by Dad. Nancy informed me, "The boys shall be here at any moment." It looked as if she was more excited for us to meet than me, as I saw her smiling to herself. If I were to be honest, I don't want to meet them. Especially if they are anything like the one I have encountered upstairs.

Would they all be rude to me just like him? Or are they going to be welcoming like Nancy? But it's never a good idea to have expectations. A couple of footsteps and the voices of people are the first thing I hear, and just as they enter, everything seems to quiet down.

There's pin-drop silence in the room. That is, until Dad speaks. "Come boys. Sit down." All of them took their seats, and I, on the other hand, kept my head down all the time. I could feel them staring at me. After Nancy took her seat on the right side of Dad and in front of me, She spoke, "Boys, this is Y/n, and Y/n, these are my sons." I slowly lifted my head up and saw seven boys sitting around me.

The boy I met upstairs was thankfully sitting far away from me. Great! All of them had brows or dark brown hair, and while three of them had hazel eyes, others had brown eyes similar to mine. "Boys, introduce yourselves." Dad commanded.

"I'm Jin, the eldest." The one sitting right next to me said He was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

I turned my head when a gruff voice spoke. " Yoongi." Nothing more, nothing less. His cold, dark eyes were glaring at me with such anger that I squirmed in my seat.

"I'm Hoseok." The guy was wearing glasses. His hair glowed back. He didn't even look up at me while introducing himself.

"Namjoon, not that you need to know." He spoke with so much venom. I grabbed the tablecloth in my hand. Afraid he might just lash out any second.

"Joon!" Dad said in a strict voice, which first made him look towards him, and then, after scoffing, he turned his head sideways. "Jimin." He said this while rubbing Namjoon's arm, calming him down. His tone wasn't as aggressive as the others. But it still held hatred.

"Taehyung." The voice was deep. It sent shivers down my spine. It belongs to the rude guy I met upstairs. "Jungkook." He was sitting next to Taehyung. When I looked at him, he looked directly into my eyes. And gritted his teeth while introducing himself.

These are my stepbrothers? And all of them were giving me fright in one way or another. I could already tell they didn't like me; hell, anyone with eyes could tell they all hated me, but the question was why?

Right there, I decided to stay as far away from them as I could. Especially Jungkook, Taehyung, Namjoon, and Yoongi. It ain't going to be a nice stay here with them. That much I knew.

"Alright, now that you have all been introduced, let's get something discussed." Dad spoke. "I know you aren't happy about this, but now she is your sister." He is cut off by Jin. "Step-sister Dad. She isn't our sister and will never be." He said that while looking directly into my eyes. Diverting my eyes, I saw all of them looking at me as if my mere existence was wrong. "Step or not, she's your sister." Nancy spoke this time, shutting everyone down once and for all.