Part 16

Sam was walking alone on the street in the middle of the night. Her feet are killing her. Who in their right mind would walk back home on five inches heels. She finally gave in, she remove her shoes and carry them on one hand. She's not sure where she is. The street light and the moon  gave her a good picture of her surrounding but she was still clueless where to go. She hug herself feeling lonely and cold. She look from the left and right side of the road but nothing came. Not a single vehicle or idea came from her mind. She was so upset tears began flowing from her eyes and made her vision blurry. She walk again when a car stop in front of her.  The window open and someone call her name. 

"Sam get in." It was Jake. Thank God !

She wipe away the tears from her eyes before getting on the car. Jake drove as soon as she was seated beside him.

"Thank Goddess you're okay. What happen?"

" I don't know, everything was fine before he started crushing the place. How did you know I'm here?"

"I saw him walk away from his car alone, I just thought something happen like he left you which doesn't make sense, so  I came looking for you."

Sam just look at him. He look more upset than her. 

 " He was furious like a mad dog. He started screaming and breaking anything within reach. He threw his car it went to the roof and went crushing down. His favorite car! I was asking him to use it but didn't let me . And now..goddess!" 

Sam look at him like he had two heads. He was upset with a broken car while she was breaking inside. She started crying again which made Jake turn his head on her. Jake bit his lips and handed her his handkerchief. She took it and blew her nose.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean too."He sigh and continue driving silently. 

When they reach the packhouse men were scattered cleaning the mess their Alpha made. Zion was taking care of everything, giving instructions to the men.

Sam gasp when she saw the damage. His car was like a crush piece of can. The roof was broken. Anyone who is staying on that part was force to find another place to spend the night. 

"Where is he?" She manage to ask. 

"We tried to calm him down but he was beyond control. Zion and I and five more warriors tried to pin him down. But he was too strong and angry. He shifted into his wolf and run away to the forest. We ran after him and we were force to drug him.  He is on his room now, unconscious. "

Sam lower her head. Tears threaten to fall again. 

"Did he mention anything to you? About mate thing?" he said warily. He wasn't sure if he need to tell her.

"We were talking about me, my mate. Everything looks fine and normal and then his watch. It made a sound and he look at it before he went crazy."

Jake nodded, getting the idea of what happen.

"Sam I'm going to tell you something, please listen carefully. "

Sam look at him and nodded. She has to know the reason behind this.   

" He thinks you are his mate. He was waiting for you to come to age and recognize the bond. Obviously that didn't happen."

Her eyes grew bigger with the information spilled on her. She can't believe Lloyd thought she was his mate.

"I know it's hard to understand. You must be wondering were is the mate he brought home a year ago before you left."

Sam nodded, urging him to continue.

"There was no mate. No Luna." 

Confusion was registered on her face but kept her mouth shut.

" She was not his mate, she's a fraud. She use a potion to make Lloyd fall for her head over heels. He got blind with falls emotions and made her his mate. His pack worked with witches to get an Alpha defenseless. They only used her and she participated willingly for her ambition. Knowing a mate's death will make an Alpha weaker, they killed her. It did inflicted pain on him and it mess his head. Imagine a pack with a messed Alpha. It's chaotic and vulnerable from the attack of the enemies. Zion and I kept everything in order while he was not himself yet. We found out what happen and gave him a potion to reverse the effect. She deceived everyone! She and his crazy brother who eventually kill her because she cant manipulate the Alpha and fell in love with him."

Sam was shocked to hear the story. It never cross her mind that someone is capable of such deception. Was the LUNA-tic so desperate to get an Alpha. Sam shook her head in disbelief. 

"What made him think that I'm his mate? If I am his mate I should have recognize it. I still got a crush on him and you know that. But it's not a spark you feel for a mate. I will not pretend to be his mate no matter how much I wanted to." 

"You know I was thinking the same thing. He was claiming you as his mate but you turn eighteen and didn't feel anything. Either one of you is lying or he just made a mistake."