JENNY'S SONG

Highgarden 296 AC.

Sansa.

She and her goodsister, which was what she had come to think of Margaery as were finishing their lesson before getting ready for the day ahead, and Sansa found herself looking forward to it. Every time she looked to Margaery she found herself imagining what the wedding was like, what the sky looked like that night and how Margaery must have felt kneeling in front of the Three Singers. She and Fang had gone to sit by the trees more than once, just closing her eyes and picturing what it would have been like.

While a part of her was annoyed at them both for not inviting her, a different part, the part which believed in knights, maidens, and chivalric tales, found it to be something special. Good Queen Alysanne and King Jaehaerys, married in secret and ready to take their rightful place on the throne, soon to usher in a period of peace and harmony. She knew Jon would make a great king, Margaery a great queen, her best friend, and her brother, she swooned and was caught once again.

"Sansa are you even listening?" Margaery said and she turned and looked at her friend in embarrassment.

"What?" she asked and tried not to giggle at Margaery's put out look.

"I said we have arrangements to make, Garlan and Leonette the wedding, remember.".

"That's moons away, I'd rather talk about another wedding." she said looking to Margaery and seeing her shake her head.

She was surprised to see Margaery hand in her writing to Maester Lomys, even more so when her friend walked from the room. Handing in her own she hurried after her, finding her sitting on the window seat that overlooked the garden below. She took a seat beside her and said nothing, just waiting to see if Margaery would speak, something she did not do for quite some time.

"Marge?" she asked softly after a little while.

"Hmm, what, oh it's nothing." Margaery said and she wanted to push, more than anything she wanted to ask her what it was that was upsetting her, but she instead just sat in silence until it was time for lunch.

Margaery seemed more like herself during lunch, happier, and they along with Elinor and Mira gossiped about knights and balls, about the wedding and Sansa's upcoming nameday, and who may or may not come to both. She expected Margaery to get upset when Loras and Jon's names were brought up, Elinor being sure they'd both come for the wedding and Mira even suggesting they could come for Sansa's nameday also.

Margaery though just smiled and suggested that they'd come if they could and Sansa was sure she was holding things in, that she was trying not to build her hopes up. This became even more clear to her later on when Margaery begged off from going to the gardens. Elinor and Mira then deciding to go into the town, leaving Sansa with nothing to do for the rest of the day.

"You look bored?" she heard Willas say as he walked up to her as she was sitting on the grass. Fang running through the open spaces ahead of her.

"I am, I had not expected to see you today." she said as she looked up at him.

"I'm bored also, join me?" he said holding out his hand which she took.

Despite the wedding being a couple of moons away, Lord Mace and Lady Alerie were keen to do it right, so between the plans they made, and the visits to Lady Leonette's family, it had left Willas with even more to do than usual. While they still took their walks together, they'd been less frequent and she'd found herself missing them terribly. As they walked to the bench where they would usually sit though, she soon found her boredom a thing of the past.