BENEATH THE GOLD, THE BITTER STEEL

Chroyane 298 AC.

Dany.

Each day they traveled she felt it and so did Shiera, the dragons were getting larger and the time was drawing ever closer for them to take to the skies. Ellagon was growing more and more impatient with her, Rhaegal too, while Sandorix seemed more distant than ever. Her son was the moodiest of her dragons, something which always brought a smirk to her face given who he was named for.

As for their new traveling companion's, Melisandre barely acknowledged the dragons, while the others either looked at them warily or with fascination. The men of the Company of the Rose never went close to them and never alone while the Essosi who had helped her, seemed eager to be allowed near them. She had come to like the large bald man, Strong Belwas was always happy and jovial, that he annoyed Sandor also amused her.

"Keep that annoying fucker away from me." Sandor said.

"Why? he just wants to be your friend." she replied with an innocent look on her face.

"I don't need more fucking friends." Sandor said making her chuckle.

"Strong will be the best friend you ever had, show you where to get the best honeyed locusts, maybe if you smile more, even where we can get some liver and onions, Sandorix." Strong said.

"My fucking name is Sandor, the dragon is called Sandorix, you silly fucker."

"Forgive me, Strong thought you were a dragon, ha, maybe you really are." the bald man laughed.

She did her best not to, but she couldn't help it and when Sandor got up and stormed away she doubled over she laughed that much. Strong looking to her and slapping his belly as he picked up Sandor's plate and Dany laughing even more. Once she was done eating, she spent some time with Missy and Irri and Jhiqui. The three girls had become close friends and while Dany was friendly with the two Dothraki, it was still the young girl that she was closest too.

In two years Missy had come on incredibly, the shy girl was still there sometimes but more and more she had grown into herself. For Dany having a girl close to her age was something she never knew she needed so much, a true friend, a sister, is how she thought of Missy and that the girl felt the same was very much clear to her.

"Will Westeros be cold?" Missy asked as they sat together.

"I don't know, Shiera says it'll be colder than here but I've no memory of it and Sandor just laughs." Dany said.

"What will we do when we get there?"

"We'll find my nephew and help him take his throne, stop those who wish to harm my blood." Dany said determinedly.

"And after?" Missy asked worriedly.

"I wish to visit the place I was born, where my mother…" she said softly closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dany." Missy said taking her hand.

"I'm good, does it worry you going to a new place?"

"I don't know, I've known only here and my home, it will be good to see somewhere new." Missy said with a note of excitement in her voice.