eleven.

———

———

   Mason is taking me out to lunch today. A new restaurant had opened up close to where he's been living for a while now. Speaking of, I've never actually been to his apartment. Ever. Now that I'm thinking about it, we always hang out at my place or somewhere else but never his place.

Over the last two months things have been... strange.

At New Years, Mason and I didn't celebrate together. I've learnt that he seems to love partying. He's like your typical college frat boy. That's why we weren't together for New Years. He attended some party with his friends while I stayed at home with Heather, not that I minded. Surprisingly, Mason didn't put up much of a fight towards my not wanting to spend the night with him.

Now that I think about that too, he never really puts up a fight when I don't want to go with him somewhere. It's almost like he embraces it.

Anyways, Heather and I spent the night watching movies before switching to the channel that was streaming New Years Rockin' Eve from Times Square. I knew Harry was there because he mentioned how he was going with Taylor. It was also confirmed he was there because around 5am, my time, after the ball had finally dropped, I went on Twitter and saw a video.

The video was one that a fan took. It was Harry and Taylor's midnight kiss. They kissed. Obviously they kissed, Hayley, I had thought to myself after rewatching it ten times. However, the kiss seemed kind of odd. The more I watched it, the more I analysed.

It's actually slightly concerning how much I had analysed that video. Taylor seemed to go all in on the kiss while Harry seemed to barely react. He even pulled away first and then looked around at everything but his girlfriend. I couldn't help but wonder, even though it was none of my business, why he was acting so distant towards her. I mean, it wasn't only me who noticed because everyone on social media was talking about it too.

A few days later they broke up and everything from that night made sense. As bad as it sounds, I was happy about it. Well, maybe happy isn't the right word to describe the feeling but it's the only thing I can think of to describe it. I didn't even understand why I was "happy" if I'm with Mason and I didn't like Harry like that anymore.

Harry didn't tell me why Taylor and him broke up. I had asked the boys if they knew why but they said they didn't either. I knew that was a lie, which made me kind of suspicious, but then again it's not my business. I knew that Harry told them the reason but clearly they had no intentions of telling me. There was no point in prying.

After that, I got so caught up with work and school that I barely talked to them for a month. They, however, thought I was mad at them, which was definitely not the case. I don't think I could ever be mad at any of them.

I finally got a day off from work a couple weeks later and spent four hours on the phone with Emma. She met this guy, Jacques Monet, whose parents bought some of her art for one of their galleries. Apparently they own a lot of art galleries around the world and them buying Emma's art made me feel like a proud mother.