7. Meeting

After a Week

After a Week

Pihu's POV

Earling mornings and a lengthy walk is a beautiful combination. When we live in a congested metropolitan city then it becomes vital to breathe in fresh air.

It's been a week that all fiasco happened. Although people still talk about me as if I am not present there but It's okay you can't shut everyone's mouth. People have been constantly calling me names like see that's the bride who was left alone, she was the one who was left at Mandap but I hardly care. I am glad that I have a supportive family, it's really bizzare that few relatives of mine asked me to accept Mrs Ahuja's offer but I declined it because it's my choice and I don't regret it.

As soon as I entered the park the scenery was quite appealing

As soon as I entered the park the scenery was quite appealing. There was some people who were having a brisk walk while some were walking in groups and chatting and a few were sitting on the benches near the shady trees. I plugged my red earphones in my ears and started walking. It had been a while that I was walking and thought to have rest. I spotted a bench nearby and made my way towards it.

I was going to have rest on that bench but someone beat me to it

I was going to have rest on that bench but someone beat me to it. There I met a greek god, his black eyes deep like ocean were staring back at me. It was as if I couldn't breathe for a second. The person standing in front of me had round face with square Jaw and Jet black hair. He was wearing a tracksuit and looking exceptionally handsome.

I realised what I was doing and immediately pacified myself. I turned around not wanting to stay there any longer.

"Excuse Me" came a voice sweet like honey. I instantly turned towards him who was looking back at me with a sly smirk. Did he got the reaction which he wanted from me. I thought.

"Yes" I managed to say without any stuttering.

"I am sorry I was really exhausted and didn't see you approaching towards this bench just like me. But now I know that you are tired, you can have a seat." The gentleman said while standing and giving seat to me as it was a small bench for only one person.

"No it's okay. I am not tired, also I have to go back now." I politely replied saying thanks for his sweet gesture.

I turned around and kept on waking however there was something about his presence which was screaming and asking me to stay there.

"Hey, as I can see you are still having a walk then why not have a walk together." Came that voice again which caused a shiver pass through my spine.

"You?" I dumbly asked.

"Yeah me!" He replied in a duh tone.

"So?" That guy tried to continue the conversation.

"I hope you can see that I am not comfortable in talking with Strangers." I uttered in a rude tone to shoo him away because his presence truly effects me. In ways in I don't want.

"Why? Does my presence effect you?" He said making me freeze. How? Is he some mind reader. He saw shock registered on my face.

"I am not some mind reader but I can be one for you." He whispered while standing in my Close proximity. A goofy smile played on his lips.

"Do you know that this place is crowded and if you continued behaving like a jerk then I can do something which you wouldn't appreciate. So stay away from me." I said while doing actions with my hands.

He laughed while throwing his head back. The sound of his laugh was a like a melody to me. "You are really fiesty, that day also I was impressed by your personality." He muttered catching my attention.

"That day?" I asked which seem to startle him for a second. He gave me a small smile and asked if we could talk while sitting to which I nodded. I guess curiosity got the best of me.

After sitting down together he continued and told me that how he saw me at Ahuja Residence and he is Prayan best friend of Sahil.

"Whatever you did was appropriate. I can't even imagine the pain you would have went through. The way you stood by your words and the way you declined aunty's inappropriate offer was stunning." The aura of tranquility from him instantly pacified me.

"Do you really think so? You are his best friend but despite that you are taking my side. Why?" I asked cautiously not wanting to hurt his emotions.

"I guessed you would ask this. Yes he is my best friend although I wasn't aware he was going to take such a step but I resent his actions and support you because I know and understand what he did was absolutely wrong. If he still was in love with someone else then he shouldn't have given you false hopes. I apologize to you from his behalf despite this fact I know that any apology can't take your pains away." He whispered while looking at me as if he was taking directly to my soul. His voice was soft spoken making me feel warmth pass throughout my body.

"I--I need to go also I don't care about that person because whatever is done can't be undone now." I said and stood up wanting to go back home running from all those memories which were haunting me from past one month.

"Pihu can we-- can we get to know each other?" Prayan asked catching me off guard.

"Trust me this has nothing to do with Ahuja family or Sahil, neither with your marriage. It's just I want to have a good friend before going back to Mumbai." Prayan continued and looked at me for some response.

"------"

"I can understand if you don't want to----"

"Okay!" I said and witnessed the most charming smile. In that moment I asked myself that how can one reply of mine cause someone to smile.

---------------------------------------------

Hello my lovely Readers.
How are you all?

At last Pihu and Prayan have met each other. What are your thoughts on it?

Will Pihu find her love in Prayan?