21. Forgiveness

After One Month

After One Month

Pihu's POV

My sleep was disturbed by the shining rays of sun coming from the glass window of my room.

I huffed and removed my comforter from my body. Instantaneously I heard my phone buzzing with notifications. I checked it to see that it was a lovely message from my Prayan.

Morning Jaan(Life)

All the preparations have started at my place and I know your family would also be busy in the same. I am just waiting for the day when you'll be looking so pretty and ethereal in your bridal dress, all for me. I am getting inpatient now, I love you so much and miss me a lot.

Your Love

The rush of excitement made my cheeks flushed. This was our daily routine. Texting each other, constantly sharing our daily activities, talking at night. Earlier I was afraid that how would we manage this distance between us, but Prayan proved me wrong. My all insecurities faded away because of the humangous amount of love he pours on me. I smiled reminiscing what happened one month back. The night he left for Mumbai, I was devastated, but immediately the day after I was bewildered by the surprise visit of his parents.

His parents came for asking my hand for their son and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Within a second I started jumping, yelling and said yes to Mr and Mrs Sharma.

My parents also nodded and said that they are more than elated with this relation. After a lot of debate, it was finally decided that our Marriage will be after 35 days on a very prosperous day. At last 30 days have passed away and only 5 are left. I thought smiling like a fool.

But a sudden interaction came in my mind, causing my head to spin. The tingly sensation which I was feeling throughout my body was no more there.

That meeting---- one week before-- with 'him'. I clearly remember that day, when he came and how he apologized to me. It was none other than Sahil who begged in front of me for my forgiveness. He came at my place and apologized to my parents as well. Although my dad was very furious and was ready to kick him out but then the way he begged on his knees for forgiveness, forced us to pardon him.

Few weeks Back

I was inspecting some mails, while my father was reading newspaper and Mom was occupied in kitchen preparing breakfast. There was loud banging at the door which made Dad groan. He hurriedly went towards the door and opened it to see---- the person standing outside was Sahil.

"You bastard, what are you doing here? How dare you come at my place?" My father yelled startling my Mom and me. We both rushed out and were equally bewildered to see that it was Sahil.

He was shedding tears and asking for forgiveness. Obviously this whole scene was gaining a lot of attention towards it, therefore my Mom asked Sahil and my father to continue this inside.

"Please Sir, just one minute, I need one minute to keep my point. I am not justifying my actions but I wanted to apologize for my actions. I know what I did, was absolutely inappropriate and in no way a father can tolerate ill doings against her daughter but trust me I am lamenting over my actions. The girl whom I loved so much cheated on me and that made me realise what a fool I was to hurt your daughter. I am well aware that my sorry won't make things right but today I am standing in front of you and asking for forgiveness because I want to move on in my life and embark on the journey of  honesty and dignity. Therefore please forgive me so that the guilt in my heart can lessen and I can live my life peacefully. Please." Sahil whispered. He was crying and begging on his knees while his hands were pressed together.

"Don't you think these days this word 'sorry' has become so overrated. People are forgetting the actual essence of this word. Isn't it easy to break the heart first and then utter sorry which is completely meaningless for you." I uttered. I sighed and looked at Sahil, his body was trembling and he was continuously mumbling sorry.

"Okay, I forgive you. My parents will also excuse you. You know why? Because Sahil I don't want to hold onto my past, if I do so then I wouldn't be able to love my present which is Prayan. You know Sahil? I am thankful that you left me, jut because of you-- I met my Love, My Prayan. We both are getting married and  you are also invited. Good Bye." I said and returned to my previous activity.

Present Time

I don't know whatever I did was right or wrong but I just know that whatever life will throw at me in future, I'll face it with absolute grace and dignity. I have faith in my love and on our bond, I know that we'll be able to face all the hardships together because our love is here to stay forever.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey My fellow friends,
Welcome back 🌺

•Your thoughts on today's chapter?

•Do you think what Pihu did was appropriate? Was she right in forgiving Sahil?

•Do you think that Sahil's apology was genuine?

Whoever is reading this, keep on smiling. Love yourself 💙🌺

 Love yourself 💙🌺