Chapter 42

Unedited.

His face still held anger at first but slowly it began to dissipate into a mixture of emotions. Each emotion trying to present itself.

"I'm going to be a dad?" He murmured disbelief lacing his voice.

"Yes. Your wife is 9 weeks pregnant."

Both he and Airah sucked in a deep breathe. Airah's hand instinctively went to cradle her flat stomach just as Areef turned his gaze to the same place. And then he looked up to her and immediately their eyes met all the storm raging in his head died down.

She was happy. Her eyes said it all. They were twinkling as unshed tears accumulated In them. He hugged her.
They never talked about kids but right  now all that matters is that they were ready to be the parents of their growing foetus.

The doctor watched them with a knowing smile plastered on her face.

After she explained a lot about the journey they have embarked on she wrote them drugs to get at the pharmacy.

Their ride home was a very happy one. It was as if all their problems had vanished with the news of their baby. Areef kept stealing glances at Airah's stomach while she unconsciously cradled and rubbed her stomach once in a while.

As soon as they were home Areef arranged a hot bath for Airah and insisted on washing her himself. He treated her like something so fragile that would crack under little pressure.

"Areef, I can actually do things myself in case you know. I'm just 2 months along I'm not even showing." Airah complained when she's had enough of Areef's pampering.

"The doctor said no stressing yourself out. You heard her and the doctor knows best." He said snatching the shirt she was trying to wear and wore it for her.

Airah rolled her eyes. "So when you go to work I should call you whenever I want water from the kitchen or the remote from the table or when I want to change clothes?"

"And who said I will be going to work. As of this moment I'm on leave. I've taken my paternity leave." He said scooping her up.

Airah's mouth was agape. She never thought Areef would be this pumped to be a father. She has seen how he adored Eeman and the twins but since they hadn't talked about kids she didn't know he wanted them this much. This brought a warm feeling to her heart. She felt his love penetrate every cell of her being. She rested her head on his chest and he walked out of their bedroom. "You are impossible, you know right?" She mumbled sighing.

Before nighttime almost all their family members had called Airah congratulating them. She was wondering how they knew until she saw the broadcast message Areef had sent them.

'We are going to be parents in 7 months!!!'

"Areef!!! That was a broadcast message to a group that included Mamy, Abba and Ummee! Have you no shame?" She had squealed.

"Shame? Why would I be ashamed. It's something to be proud of not ashamed babe. It's not easy to score a goal you know." He said wriggling his brows which earned him a pillow to the face.

The news of Airah's pregnancy made it to the news, both TV and the papers.

"Business Mogul Areef Ridwan Kasheem expecting first child."

Areef received an earful from Mamy about it though. She has cautioned him to keep his personal life private.

Abba and Ummee were ecstatic as well. After all they are expecting their first grand child as well. In no time they began shopping baby stuff.