Chapter 3

Every eye seemed to be on her as Hermione swiftly made her way to where the two boys were seated. She yawned a gigantic yawn and began to rub her eyes. She put her hands to her head and felt the frizzy mess of brown she had for hair. In a simultaneous motion, she grabbed the hair tye she had on her wrist and put her bushy hair up into a ponytail. Hopefully, that would keep off the staring. But the bags under her eyes really didn't help. Hermione sat down across from Harry with Ron to her right.

     "Hi, guys. *Yawn* Sorry for the conundrum I caused this morning. It's just one of those days. But I am feeling a lot better." She stated as she dove into her eggs and toast. Everything seemed to look so much more delicious today. So she helped herself to more. Ron decided to pipe up to her unusual decision.

     "Hermione? Your acting like me. Are you really that hungry? Also, you look dead? Did you get much sleep last night? Hey, are you listen....."

     "Ron really. Just mind your business. Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night so that's probably why this food looks so good, " her eyes stared hungrily at the cinnamon rolls. "Okay? *Yawn* "

     "Ok. If you say so." He raised his eyebrows at Harry but he just shrugged back. She really was very hungry and it made the pain of her stomach not as bad.

     "Well anyway... " Harry said, "I got that essay done for Snape. The one on the difference between whatever it was? Ron, I don't know about you but I definitely didn't do well. " Ron nodded in return, " Hermione do you think you could fix our essays up?" He suggested with a reasuring smile. Everyone seemed to have stopped eating around her but Hermione felt like a bottomless pit.

     "Hm?" She questioned looking up from her food, mouth stuffed with a bit of roll. "Ohw, Weah, fure, " Swallowing the food she smiled at the two of them. They stared back at her in confusion with their eyebrows raised. Her smile faltered. "Well anyway, I better get going to class. I'll see you later. Ok? Ok, "She struggled to pick up the books she brought with her, her hands trembling. She jumped out of her seat but Harry and Ron seemed very worried about Hermione's health. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Oh and I'll fix up your essays later!!" She called out, running down the hall to her first class. As she ran she heard the quiet mumbles of people around her. Including Ron saying,

     "I don't know, Hermione just seems like a totally different person today."