Chapter 6

Hermione opened her eyes to Ron's freckled face. She felt one of his arms carrying her legs, the other holding her head and wrapped around her upper back. He was carrying her like a baby. Her mind instantly went into overdrive. What had happened? Had she really passed out from cramps? Ron is carrying her like a baby! Hermione's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red and a small tear ran down her face. Ron's light blue eyes looked down at her.

     " Oh thank Merlin. You're awake. How are you feeling Hermione? You...You passed out. Are you ok?" Ron adjusted his grip on her and continued his steady pace to what she assumed was the hospital wing. Oh no. Madam Pomfrey was surely going to tell Ron why she passed out. And then he would know. That this was all about her period. Hermione gave a grunt of pain as the sharp cramps came back to her. She rubbed where it hurt, not even caring what Ron would think.

     "Hermione! What's wrong? I was thinking that you passed out because of pain. I saw you kept rubbing that spot. Don't worry, we're almost there. "

     "I'm okay Ron. Just keep going. " Hermione answered in a strained voice. Maybe she should have just stayed in bed today.