STUCK IN MY HEAD

" made by -sanascribbles "

do not expect to live a fairytale
for fairytales come with costs
just as all magic
comes at a price

do not expect to live a fairytalefor fairytales come with costsjust as all magiccomes at a price

" made by @/chloebelovas "

"THEY'RE MEANINGLESS." If anyone does ask her what she thinks of fairy tales, that is her answer. Every. Single. Time. The wildly flamboyant dreams that others chase after mean nothing to her. She chooses to look at the real things in life. The friends she has been lucky enough to have stumbled upon. The success she has been working her arse off to gain for years. To Callie Rivers, even hope is just a figment of imagination that some grab at with desperation for what they want, not what they have. Life does not hand out lemons, it squeezes them in people's eyes the moment they think they've found it. Happiness, peace, money. Or anything else people desire so badly these days.

"AND TRUE LOVE?" Callie almost laughs, sparkling blue orbs rolling playfully. Only another thing that does not exist. True love is an allusion, she muses to herself as she watches a couple her own age walking by holding hands "in love" she scoffs. I love you, it's what we say to those we care for to let them know we care even a little bit. Another couple her age hurries past in the opposite direction, hateful words falling from their lips despite the twinkling bands that symbolize love on their fingers clenching tight in loathing of the other. That was what she knew well.

"HE'S YOUR NEPHEW." She can still hear the echo of the three little words in her ears. Her own best friend hadn't told her she had always wanted a child. The little boy with brown hair and brown eyes is small, hardly a few months old at this point. She does not understand, children are small and loud and possibly fun when not your own. But the screaming baby in the mayor's pristine house is her nephew now. Callie has no idea what she will do, keeping space between her and Regina at the moment.