xi ➤ wraith and revenge

✨ remember - comments and votes = chapters not "update" and not-following ✨

Storybrooke

Cali watches as the Charming family places Henry in a car with Ruby to get him somewhere he can be safe. She turns and walks toward the Pawn Shop when Henry waves goodbye through the back window.

She has to be prepared, this is going to be beyond difficult for her in every way. Convincing the Charmings to let her help is probably the easiest part of her plan, and she's already managed to do that. But now Cali has to be everything that she isn't: a hero, tolerant of her father, and, well, stupid. The Charmings still don't understand what the purple fog was, or what it brought, which means that Cali has to willingly be close to her father in order to let them understand in their own way.

Cali knows the type of people the Charming family is. They're "do-gooders". They're royalty and family and the picture of perfection. They'll want to connect and be friendly. But that's not what Cali wants or needs. What she wants is Killian, and unfortunately, Snow White and Charming are her best bet to finding out where he is or what happened to him.

Groaning inwardly, Cali looks up to the sky with curses falling from her lips as the Charmings have stopped, again. Mary Margaret and David want to talk to their daughter, something that strikes Cali in her core. A loving mother, a caring father, Swan's lucky that even a part of them wants her - all Cali has is a dead mother and a deadbeat father.

Getting to the Enchanted Forest will fix all of her problems. She can find Killian, the Jolly Roger, her crew - even if all she finds are answers, she'll at least be able to move on. And there's an all too familiar ache in her heart as her mind chases loose threads. There are just so few ways that he could still be alive...

Scoffing, Cali softly wipes a tear away before it can fall. Her head pounds harder and harder, an echoing reminder that she's getting close to Rumple. Or the pain of the curse breaking and her memories resetting is starting to affect her.

Cali enters the shop first, and Rumplestiltskin looks up with shocked relief.

"Princ-"

"No. You, you get to call me by my name now. And I'm not here for you, I'm here on official goody-two-shoes business."

Swan enters the shop first, her parents looking dejected behind her.

"What can I do for you?"

"What you can do is tell us what you did."

Cali can't help rolling her eyes, but thankfully her position by the front door of the shop means that none of them see. She should have known that the Charmings' important business with Rumple was to talk about everything Cali assumed that they had already figured out.