prologue

Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time... in a land far, far away. Who could have guessed that that's the only part we got right.

Everyone grew up knowing that Prince Charming simply kissed Snow White awake from the glass coffin surrounded by the seven dwarves. And then they all lived happily ever after.

Everyone knows that Peter Pan is the hero, and that the villainous Captain Hook has a perm and waxed mustache. That Neverland is a place of bliss and dreams.

That there is a definite line between what is good and what is evil. The separation, the difference of light and of darkness. But when has life ever been simple?

So what if someone were to tell you that every single cuddly fairytale you know isn't exactly what happened. If someone showed you the truth?

That the Evil Queen has a reason to want her stepdaughter dead, jealousy of looks having hardly nothing to do with the tale.

That Geppetto told a lie worse than any his son has, or that Jiminy Cricket wasn't always a cricket.

And oh it is strange with one simple truth. . .
it all happened Once Upon A Time.

Storybrooke, 28 years ago

A raven haired woman tangled in silk sheets wakes with a gasp. Her heart beats in a hurried pitter-patter as she gapes at the popcorn ceiling above her. This bed, these clothes they don't belong to her or to her world. Odd clothes replace the soft pajamas, the mirror reflects her darkened eyes as they glaze over her shortened hair.

Painting her features with smugness, Regina smirks happily as she steps out of the manor and into the town that is all her own. She did it. The entirety of the Enchanted Forest under her spell, forced apart from each other to do whatever she wishes for them to do.