ii ➤ remember

Storybrooke

Callie Rivers' lips twist upward into a grin as her bike tilts on another curve. Her soul soaring up as her stomach seems to lift with the butterflies that come with flying down the roads. Only it would never compare to how she feels on the sea.

An old, large house comes into view from the road despite the oaks and pines growing tall for privacy. The brick has speckled with age and from rain, the windows are paired with long blue curtains, and the grassy yard carefully blends into the sand of the beach behind the house.

'Home, sweet, home...'

The sun has already begun setting as Callie walks down her porch and out onto the sand, her shoes discarded by the back door. Her eyes scan the sea before her, storming orbs drifting to the small ship tied securely to her dock as she watches it rock gently on small waves. A thin frown takes place on her lips as she wonders once again, 'why did I ever have it built so deep for the Ancient Dream?'

Footprints litter the beach as she walks in the surf of the waves crashing against the shore. Small seashells and misshapen rocks poke at her feet. Her thoughts wander as she ambles along, the sun sinking ever further to the horizon.

Callie thinks of her dreams, and these are not the aspirations of her life long hopes. No, these are the visions that make her ponder over and over about even the simplest of things. They are the only thing that has made her want to see Dr. Hopper for help.

She rambles to herself as she walks, "I saw her again. My mother," Callie speaks aloud, helping her concentrate as she remembers her clearly.

Her mother's hair had barely been a shade darker than her own locks. Oh, and her eyes, broken brown orbs in despair and dismay.

"Life was once good, I was six and young and free to be a kid. 'Til Dad found out she was expecting again and disappeared into nowhere. Mama ended up losing the baby, a little boy if I remember cor-correctly." Callie stutters, not being able to speak aloud anymore.

'And I, I can't ever be the same.'

From everything that has happened to her, to the other people that have affected her life. Callie is an extremely different person than she thought she would become at six years old. Because of that, becoming a mother is a terrifying thought. Becoming a parent is. Then again, love is a scary thing too. 'Unknown things are always scary, right?'

"An-and then he came into my dreams again."

A mysterious dark haired man has entered Callie's dreams again and again. 'I don't know who he is, but he won't get out of my head.' Callie almost wishes that he would get out because he oftens plagues her dreams. 'It's funny knowing someone so well despite having not ever met them.' His eyes are the perfect shade of sea green, but still a startling blue that pushes her beneath the surface of the sea.

'Except he's not real. But some deep part inside me, truly knows him.

His touch...

His kiss...

How his stubble feels against my cheek.

He is just a dream.

His hand over mine, several rings on his fingers. One never fails to catch my attention, on his calloused, little finger.

His arm around my waist.

He's only my imagination.

But, oh, how can I wish for... want something - know someone who doesn't exist?'

Callie blinks up in surprise at the loud horn of a barge coming into the docks in town, not that far from her house from the beach. She plops down into the soft sand that feels like velvet under her palms. Callie stares out across the water at the diminishing sunset, colors mixing and crossing across the heavens creating a glorious display that wraps her with peace.

A deep breath rushes out of her chest as Callie relaxes and lets her heavy eyelids close. 'So much I wish made sense.' Her blue orbs open, tears that refuse to fall sparkle as the sun slips under a wave. 'So much I wish I could forget.' Callie shifts and grips her arms tightly, the feeling of long lasting imprints hiding beneath the layers. Only she knows the trail each and every mark makes along her skin. Thoughts still demand to rupture her peace as though she is unworthy of contempt.

"Oh-ohh gods, why? After everything still- now I only want to slip into the sea and just be gone, be done with this life. I desperately wish to fade into the pesky grains beneath me. Become a memory to others, exactly like the memories that haunt me..."

A tear finally falls, dropping down her cheek through divots that none seem to see.

old author's notes

[ ➤𝐒𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐰'𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭? 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞.➤
➤𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠! 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞!➤
➤𝟗-𝟐𝟗-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎➤

AND THE OFFICIAL CHAPTER TWO REWRITE IS OUT!!!

I like this one much much better than the original and I hope you guys are enjoying!! Rewritten 3-30-21 ]

I like this one much much better than the original and I hope you guys are enjoying!! Rewritten 3-30-21   ]

author's note!! hehe, so much you all don't know yet. Callie has been through a lot, and a lot of what she's been through is going to be coming soon as we get to the Enchanted Forest chapters. but one thing about Callie is that despite the situations she's in and what she goes through, there's something stubbornly strong about her heart

I hope y'all like it!! please let me know <3
- 5/25/22