「 Chapter 6 」

•••●•••

After bidding farewell to the kids, both of you walk down the stairs and headed back to the restaurant to see a familiar figure inside.

"This is too hot~Did you add lava as a secret ingredient or something?" Dazai's voice sounded out.

Your eyes brighten up at this and quickly entered giving him a hug from behind. "Osamu~!"

Dazai who lightly startled drop his spoon on his plate of curry, nonetheless he let out a chuckle and pats your head that was laid on his shoulder.

The owner of the restaurant stood in front of Dazai chuckles as he replied "Odasaku and your sister gets that dish all the time"

"I didn't know you like curry [Y/n]" Dazai said looking at you.

"I don't but recently I started liking it~!" You answered as smile came up to your face.

Odasaku then came in joining you guys as the owner of the restaurant turn towards the red head.

"So how'd things go with the kids?"

"Same as usual" Odasaku answers as you nodded your head and detach yourself from your brother and sat beside him.

Hearing this Dazai lets out a sigh as he close his eyes.

"Are those the orphans from the Ryuuzu Dispute that happened 2 years ago? You're a member of the Mafia but you don't kill anyone, you have no interest in moving up, and look after orphans. Your a strange one, I don't know anyone else in the Port Mafia like you except for my sister."

You gasp at this as you pinch on your brother's cheek as he let out a startled cry.

"Hey!! That's mean Osamu!!" You said as you cross your arms.

Dazai rub the cheek that you pinch as he pursed his lips "I'm not saying your strange in a bad way though..."

Odasaku shook his head at the playul banter the two of you are having as he said "You two are stranger than I am."

He then pulls a small envelope out of his pocket and handed it to the owner "Here this should cover up the kids for the time being"

"You sure you don't want me to pitch in. you really don't have to foot the bill yourself" The owner said.

"You've already done more than enough, giving them a place to stay. As long as I can eat your curry whenever I want I don't need anything else" Odasaku replied.

Dazai then pick up his spoon and took a bite only for him to pull away and lightly started sweating. "Hot, hot, hot"

You giggled as you gave him a glass of water which he gladly took and drank it.

"So did you come here about the issue?" Odasaku asks glancing to your brother.

"Yeah and also because I wanted to see my little sister who had disappear the moment I woke up" Dazai said as he squints his eyes at you, pursuing his lips.

You sweat drop and nervously smile, whistling innocently as you look at anywhere but your brother.

•••●•••

"We come to the conclusion that they're an organization Gifted members overseas" Dazai stated as you continued.

"They were chased by a British group called by The Orderof the Clock Tower, which prompted them to make their escape from Europe to Japan"

You and Dazai had been up all night researching about the group Mimic as the two of you now inform the red head.

"Why would a group like that called have gone the trouble to come all the way here?" Odasaku asks.

"It does seem a bit out of their way..." You trailed off as you cross your arms.

"Perhaps there was something waiting for them here" Dazai suggested.

"I suppose that's possible, but there's one thing that had been bugging me" The redhead spoke

You slowly turn to face him as you tilted your head "You mean how skilled the soldiers were right?" you said as you receive a nod from the redhead.

"Yeah..."

"There all veterans, according to our information. The head of that Organization uses a powerful gift in order to make them all act as one" Dazai said.

"So that's how he commands them" Odasaku said as he then glances at the two of you.

"Is the boss already aware of this information?"

"I gave him our report, he ask us to develop anti Mimic strategy and see to it that that it was implemented" Dazai replies.

You prop your arms on the table as you smiled darkly "And we've already set a variety of traps"

"This might be a stupid question...but considering the group were dealing with wouldn't this be a better of the government?" Odasaku stated

"You're referring to the Minestry of Home Affairs Supernatural Special Operation Divisions" Dasai said as you continued.

"The Gifted operation division doesn't technically exist, they rarely get involved"

Odasaku then turns to the two of you "And what about Ango?"

"It's fairly certain that he was responsible for leaking the passcode for the storage unit" Dazai stated as you gave a light nod of your head to agree with him.

Your mind was running and even though you seem calm and compose, the gears in your head were turning widely.

Did he really betray us?

The thought of this made you frown deeply.

"Everything does seem to line up if you ant to believe that" Dazai saids

It was then did silence envelope the three of you, no one saying a word. You then felt your pocket vibrating as your phone started ringing. You pull out your phone and answer it as Dazai and Odasaku looks at you.

"It's me..." You answered 

"We've got them Madam"  The one from the phone spoke up 

"Good" You replied as you ended the call and let out a breathy laugh making your brother and Odasaku raise an eye brow or look at you in confusion.

You face the both of them as a dark and scary look settled on your face as you smirk.

"Seems like a little mouse sprung up to one of our traps"

It was then did you and your separated from Odasaku and headed to the dungeon where the hostages were being held.

But as you and your brother walk away the inkling feeling of dread was on your chest.

"You alright?" Dazai spoke up as he place a hand on top of you shoulder.

You look up at him and saw his worried look, you gave him a small smile and nodded your head.

"I'm fine Osamu~ you worry too much" You replied as you gave him a light nudge on the sides.

This made him smile as he ruffles your hair while you tried to swat his hand away and pouting on how he mess up your hair.

Although you had stop overthinking about the dreading feeling that kept resonating inside, you couldn't help but be worried.

You slip your hand inside your pocket where the small handkerchief was and held on to it.

Odasaku don't do anything stupid...

•••●•••