「 Chapter 7 」

•••●••• 

"We'd like a full explanation" You and Dazai said in unison with a dark tone as the two of you stood in front of the corpses of the Mimic soldiers.

The two of you were currently in an underground dimly lit room with the other Port Mafia operatives behind you two.

"W-We were able to capture the group that attacked the casino using the knock out gases as plan. O-One of them committed suicide but we were able o secure the others and bring them here" One of the operatives spoke up

"We had planned to interrogate them about their other members, we even remove the poison capsules that were hidden in teeth"

"We already know that" You two replied with the same dark tone that sent a chill down on every operatives spine.

"We were the ones that put those plan into motions, we're talking about afterward" Dazai stated as the two of you stared down at the corpses that were slowly bleeding out.

All of the operatives were nervous as one of them took the initiative to answer while stuttering.

"W-Well one of the soldiers regained c-consciousness earlier than expected. B-Before we could restrain him he stole one of our guns and took out his own comrades, m-mostly likely to silence them. T-Then he proceeds after t-to come a-after us---"

"That's when I stepped in to take care of the matter" A male's voice spoke up, his footsteps echoed around the dimly lit room as the operatives move away from his path.

"Do you two have a problem with that?" The bi-colored haired male asks as he walks over to you and Dazai.

"Now we understand..." Dazai murmurs

"Of course not Aku~ta~ga~wa~. You defeated the terrible, monstrous enemy. And protected our comrades from certain doom"

"That's absolutely splendid if it weren't for your awesome powers our men would've been utterly helpless to stop such a fearsome foe"

You and Dazai said clearly upset as the both of you turn to face none other than Akutagawa.

"Nothing less from our subordinate, thanks to you all the planning that we did is ruined" You and Dazai said simultaneously.

The tension in the room started to feel choking as the operatives that were watching by the sides were nervous about what outcome was going to happen.

"It's a little hard to get the enemy to talk when they're not breathing" Dazai said as you let out a sigh and narrow your eyes at the bi-colored male frowning.

"And now the trails gone cone cold"

"If even only one of them had been left alive we might have uncovered important information, their headquarters, motive, their commanders' background, and the powers they use to command the organization..." Your brother stated.

Akutagawa lightly scoffs at this.

"Uncover information, you really think that I would go for the trouble--"

In a blink of an eye, your brother was gone by your side and punches Akutagawa straight in the face as he was sent propping back.

"If you thought that we were going to be appeased with some excuse I apologize for your sadly mistaken" Dazai said as he crosses his arms.

Akutagawa lets out a series of coughs and spits blood on the ground as you walk past your brother and towards Akutagawa who looks up at you.

"Gun..." You said as you held out your hand to one of the operatives while still staring down at the bi-colored male.

The operative who flinches quickly did as you said not wanting to anger you than you already were, it was practically radiating throughout the room.

"You know, our friend Odasaku? He's working hard to take care of some orphans at the moment. Maybe if he happened to find you in the slums, he would've taken you in and done all he could to see you were brought upright because he's a virtuous person." You stated as you look at him blankly and continued.

"Regretfully for you, Osamu and I are not interested in virtuous or saving anyone. We're only interested in results, and you are useless to us"

Before anyone could even register on what happened, you quickly pointed the gun towards Akutagawa, and with no hesitation did you pulled the trigger as three shots rang out the room.

"Well~ would you look at that~" Your brother said walking to your side as both of you look at Akutagawa who had a red barrier cause by his ability stopping the bullets.

"How many times have we told you, your powers have far greater use and not of a simple butcher. You're capable of using them for defense as well" You stated as Akutagawa releases the barrier as he exhales in agony.

"But I've never used my powers like that before!" Akutagawa manages to let out.

"Well you just did, didn't you? Isn't that great?" Dazai said as you knelt down and grab Akutagawa's chin and made him face you.

"Just...remember this..." You spoke up brushing off the trail of blood from the corner of his mouth as Akutagawa freezes at the dark look on your face.

"Next time we won't be so kind...got it?"

You didn't wait for a response as you pulled away from the bi-colored male as both you and Dazai walk back towards the corpses of the Mimic soldiers.

"Now then we should check the bodies of the hostages we might find something" Dazai said.

One of the operatives steps upfront nervously while also confuse as he looks at the two of you.

"Sir, Ma'am, what should we be looking for?"

You and Dazai were already rummaging around the bodies to find some clues not even facing the operative that ask as you two replied in unison.

"Anything and Everything. Whatever might trace back to their hideout"

"Their pocket lint, the soles of their shoes, any foreign bodies, all of these could be clues. Come on being in the Port Mafia means more than just knowing how to beat someone to death" Dazai said as you let out a sigh.

"At this rate, Odasaku might figure this all out on his own" You stated as Dazai hums in agreement

"I'm aware of the individual that you two speak of, despite being in the Mafia they say he lacks the guts to kill anyone. It's hard to imagine a person like that being both of your associates"

"You made two errors of judgment" You and Dazai said as the operative that spoke up look at the two of you.

"Guts have nothing to do who we should associate with" Dazai said as the two of you face the operative.

"And the other is a warning. If you value your own safety remember this, don't make him angry. If he ever was to become truly angry from the bottom of his heart, I can assure you that without a doubt that all of us would be dead with a blink of an eye."

You said as all the operatives stood there in bafflement.

"When Odasaku unleashes he's more terrifying than any Port Mafia member. You could never hope to defeat him in a million years Akutagawa." Dazai said as the bi-colored male grit his teeth.

"Ridiculous...are you two saying that both of you actually believe---" Akutagawa said in a strained voice as you and Dazai started to order the operatives around.

"Alright let's get back to work"

"We need to hurry up and make sure everything is cleaned up here"

"We don't want the supernatural special operation division getting involved" 

•••●•••